Our magic bitter sweet moments 🥰🥰🥰

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
Verse number 2 ????
V2, maybe a bit more 'substantial' 🤣

A inscribed brass plate, a drinks holder, central heating, accolades and a corkscrew. Methinks I can definitely detect a Business opertunity. Yes 👍

Colin.

PS red wine at tonight's dinner table.

16980927813476590031027834782489.jpg

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
[To be sung to the tune of 'Agadoo' by Black Lace]
🎶
Have a poo poo poo,
Let's - sit on this warm seat.
Have a poo poo poo,
Put this blanket on those knees.
🎶
To the left and the right,
Cuppa tea and G n T.
You can sit thru the night,
Til your bowels will set it free. 💩🧻

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Perfect!

mum has been keen to say she prefers the toilet but Commodes now take on a whole new life 🤣🤣🤣 and maybe i shall make my fortune!

my brother went to Calais at the weekend to fill his boot with goodies so some will be coming our way a la @colpatben and Patsy too!

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
my brother went to Calais at the weekend to fill his boot with goodies so some will be coming our way a la @colpatben and Patsy too!
Does that still work, I thought the cost difference had evend out.

I used to have a coastal sailing boat in an East Sussex harbour and would sail to the French coast to fill the bilge and cabin with 🍾s. And creep home!!

Happier days 😁😁

Colin

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Ah lovely Colin!

yes, he said the costs were not like the good old days - but apparently still worthwhile 🥂

My mental health clients take a day coach trip every 3 months or so to buy their roll up tobacco which they say is still much cheaper over the waters!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
We didn't get to france this summer due to a poorly dog but brought back wine last summer. Savings were £3 a bottle still.

24 bottles per person so 96 bottles as daughter didn't want it (son was 17 then but got an allowance at 17). Dau did drink it when she came to stay.

Likely to be the 2 of us next year so only 48 bottles.

Pre brexit we brought back about 160 bottles of wine (we have a camper van)

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Many years ago when son no.2 was at uni (Surrey) (and he's 49 now), he and a friend used to hire a transit van about every 6 or 7 weeks, and drive to Calais to fill up with wine and beer at the cheaper French prices. They sold it around campus at English prices. It helped pay the rent (and to party!)

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Gosh mum is keeping services on their toes here…

Not well this morning. Won’t get up and off food and drink 😢😢

GP can’t find anything immediately wrong - we await blood tests.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
We had a lovely moment last night. Mum was using ‘Connie Commode’. She’s gradually learning its safe - we sit quiet and are both relieved when we hear the ‘tinkle’ landing safely in the pot 🙈🙈

My sister tells me u can get kids potties that sing when they’re used successfully - mum and I then launched into a rendition of ‘Twinkle Twinkle little star’ - I have no recollection Of ever singing with her - it was lovely 🥰🥰🥰

I did try to turn it into a tinklE tinkle little wee song but my poetic skills were not up to it 🤣🤣🤣
I'm sure the Japanese have a singing commode ;) they do have operatic toilets... light shows too I hear!!

How beautiful that you dueted ❤ My mum chimed in to another one of my very poor vocal performances yesterday evening, an increasingly frequent occurrence. Perhaps she's trying to tell me something haha :)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Gosh mum is keeping services on their toes here…

Not well this morning. Won’t get up and off food and drink 😢😢

GP can’t find anything immediately wrong - we await blood tests.
Oops just saw this post @sdmhred :( I hope your mum's sorted ASAP... we're thinking of you both ❤

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Her appetite is back which is good - seems to have some sort of tummy pain.

Am thankful for the community hub here who have sent out evening carers to ensure she was freshened up.

we’ve had a nice evening watching some comedy on the iPlayer. I’m glad for simple pleasures in amongst the difficulty….

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
I wouldn't say we were 'Infamous' amongst our neighbours.

But one of our coasters

IMG_20231024_214744~2.jpg

I received this card several years ago.

IMG_20231024_220103~2.jpg

It has been the cover for my record book for a long time, always raises a 🤭 at the surgery when going for my blood tests.

IMG_20231024_220122~2.jpg

Cheers 🥂 Colin

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
If I was a scientfic entrepreneur I would design a commode with a heated seat which was also suitable for the Prevention of pressure sores….it would also have a cup holder for mum’s cuppa and @colpatben ’s Patsy’s GnT.

It would also come with a blanket which could be draped over so the user could sit for hours in comfort, warmth and privacy…
Sound good, you'd make a fortune. Glad your mums appetite is back , hope her tummy pain's better tomorrow.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
We’re ending the evening with a success 🥂🥂

Successful trip to Connie Commode 😀😀😀🚽🚽🚽

Massive wee…..removed bucket for sample - negative according to my own dipsticks but sample in fridge for GP……I then I saw something else poking out…..quickly put down a bed pad which caught a mini poonami - so that would have definitely contributed to any tummy ache tonight 🙈🙈

clean pad, transferred back to bed with the help of a mini push when she thought she might be going down 🙈🙈

I shall now be giving Colin and Patsy a call for something strong 🍷🍹🍻

night night all

ps what a bizarre life when u feel euphoric after the above 🙈🙈🙈

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
A better today. Mum certainly much better, but mobility still very limited and she’s confused when tired. My sister likes to make sure mum knows who is in her family, mum was quite forthright that I am definitely NOT a daughter. How times change - that’s water off a ducks back to me now.

We still await blood tests back.

The NHS carers continu to be lovely but mum is finding having 2 parachute in and get her to do the hardest things a bit too much I think. She just looks and sounds so overwhelmed. It really is heartbreaking seeing someone want to stand when they’re told but really very confused as to how to 💔💔

She chose snakes and ladders for her activity today. Mum can throw the dice and count as we move her counter together….she won 2 games to 1.

and a Brucie bonus was she did an excellent signature when needed for some paperwork……bizarre how u can forget how to walk but still know what ur signing 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• F8AF52F8-97B1-4376-882D-DB550B956702.jpeg
    F8AF52F8-97B1-4376-882D-DB550B956702.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 115

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
Very strange how the brain only forgets certain things. Glad you had another nice day together. Hope blood tests are back soon and are ok