Our magic bitter sweet moments 🥰🥰🥰

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Thanks Edd. It’s tough but otherwise the care is very good so I’m fortunate. If she wasn’t kept clean and treated with respect and dignity I would be a mess! I think the issue is the lack of GP knowledge and management trying to calm the waters but making it worse! I’m thankful that the nurses on the floor are now clinically intrigued so much more curious and ‘on it’. I think I shall have to wait And see what happens with this current drop of steroids - if the same happens I will be reminding the GP of his oath to ‘do no harm’ 😱😱

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Anyway despite all the above I’ve made the most of the sunshine 🌞 Mum was well and hyper on high steroid yesterday so we enjoyed the garden and did some re-potting and tidying in her little patio area. In all the yuckiness of late stage dementia just having her up and out for a few hours was priceless 🥰🥰
Today I managed a 9K hike so am now a little tired - but lovely to be in the countryside….
And as for mum in her world travels - we’ve been reading her diary of driving through Afghanistan!!! i am sowing seeds of wanting to revisit some of her journey but don’t think Kabul will be on offer - what an amazing traveller she was!

And not forgetting the babies …our new resident handed me the little one yesterday wiht some makeshift clothing…

Attachments

• 4CDAC0FD-8112-47EF-921A-31CBA358913D.jpeg
    4CDAC0FD-8112-47EF-921A-31CBA358913D.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 29
  • CEE772EC-03C6-4E5D-AAA8-4B3B5335EE8E.jpeg
    CEE772EC-03C6-4E5D-AAA8-4B3B5335EE8E.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 29

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
Anyway despite all the above I’ve made the most of the sunshine 🌞 Mum was well and hyper on high steroid yesterday so we enjoyed the garden and did some re-potting and tidying in her little patio area. In all the yuckiness of late stage dementia just having her up and out for a few hours was priceless 🥰🥰
Today I managed a 9K hike so am now a little tired - but lovely to be in the countryside….
And as for mum in her world travels - we’ve been reading her diary of driving through Afghanistan!!! i am sowing seeds of wanting to revisit some of her journey but don’t think Kabul will be on offer - what an amazing traveller she was!

And not forgetting the babies …our new resident handed me the little one yesterday wiht some makeshift clothing…
Visit to Afghanistan sounds wonderful, and not something possible now. Glad at least one of the ‘babies’ has acquired some sort of clothing.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Well it’s a bank holiday weekend for everyone who isn’t a carer!

We’ve had a settled few days thankfully. Both managers on annual leave so it was so nice just to be able to get on with my work without unnecessary interference 🤣🤣 quite enjoyed driving round the countryside visiting my clients.

Have been doing some reading around mum’s condition which may explain her shaking. It’s a fascinating condition but not good that its so rare the docs don’t get it 🙈

I’ve been determined to try and invest in myself when we have settled days so I did try to book in a friend only for them to go down unwell….BUT was super spontaneous and called on another and got a walk in so v pleased that worked! Family are more around over the weekend but sadly the dreary weather has put pay to trips deep into the countryside.

As I write the sundowning is kicking off here. There’s been a birthday and extra visitors which I think has unsettled the delicate balance. Two of the ladies are literally screaming to go home, the shouting man is shouting, the new old man with the braces is looking for his carer and the new resident who thinks they’re boss is pacing the corridor with intent 🙈🙈. the poor carers are frazzled. As my sister is here I paced a bit with ‘the boss’ - I always ‘check in on duty’ when I arrive and now we’re best buddies 🥰🥰🥰

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Pouring pouring pouring all day here 😱😱😱
Not to be defeated - especially as my brother is coming down so more time to me.

The plan for the day is to make some marmalade (my dad’s legacy) and enjoy the bluebell woods as no one else will be there 🤣🤣 and no doubt get wet several times over…

But as I have learned……days often don’t go the way you plan so who knows 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Fugs

Feb 16, 2023
I don't know where you live, but the Bluebells in my garden are coming to an end. The Wisteria is just starting to bloom instead.