Just taking things day by day

Senojcin

Mar 27, 2024
Hi, I'm Nic and my Dad was diagnosed with Alzheimers nearly 4 years ago. He's been doing really well so far, living on his own, still able to pop in town on the bus for his library books, a bit of mouching around the charity shops and to collect his groceries. He's also lucky to have a small supermarket 500 yards away. Taking him out of his routine and environment really confuses and upsets him. Lately Dad has started to get more confused and forgetful, started moving/hiding things and turning things on and off. He is a very independent proud man so getting people in to visit isn't easy, he doesn't see the point.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Senojcin and welcome to Dementia Support Forum our friendly and helpful community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia. I am sorry to hear about your dad. Alzheimer's Disease is progressive and, although it affects people differently, what you describe seems fairly typical. Do come here whenever you have questions or wish to share with people who truly understand. We'll do our best to support you when things get tough.

Senojcin

Mar 27, 2024
Hi @Senojcin and welcome to Dementia Support Forum our friendly and helpful community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia. I am sorry to hear about your dad. Alzheimer's Disease is progressive and, although it affects people differently, what you describe seems fairly typical. Do come here whenever you have questions or wish to share with people who truly understand. We'll do our best to support you when things get tough.
Thank you @northumbrian_k, I have been reading through a few posts, it is very helpful and I'm sure in the coming years I may need to ask all kinds of questions. Actually, whilst typing this we had an experience with bowel movements, or lack there of. I will put a post up about that topic and see what others have experienced as I think from what I have read that it is quite common. All the best x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayne Oswald