Is mum near the end?

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Hi @JulesG
Your mum is at peace.
I hope this helps you and your daughter (and other members of the family) to find your own peace too. Wishing you some strength on your long and winding road of grief.
Virtual hugs to all.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry for you loss @JulesG.

I’m glad that the care home staff were so supportive and that you and your daughter were with your mum for her last days. I’m glad she is now at peace.

Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
Sincere condolences for your loss @JulesG. Do try to look after yourself as you and your family come to terms with this.

Gladys1946

Feb 17, 2019
To update from my previous post my Mum passed away peacefully on the 29th March, after spending 4 days on EOL meds. The care home were amazing all the way through and me and my daughter stayed with my Mum for her last days. The situation of losing appetite and weight rapidly seems to be something that happens in later stages of dementia. I wish everyone here that is caring for a loved one the strength and hope they need to cope with this sad time in life. Jules xx

Gladys1946

Feb 17, 2019
Sincere condolences to you and your family.EOL is a horrible roller coaster of emotions. But at least you now know your mum is at peace.