I Saw Dad

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good evening everyone!

On my way home this evening I saw 'dad' he was wearing a jacket and cap just like dad. Five years on and I still miss him and I saw him not far away from my old homešŸ’”ā¤ļøā€šŸ©¹.

MaNaAk

DeeCee7

Oct 13, 2023
Hello @ MaNaAK I can empathise with that. I used to ā€˜seeā€™ my mum for some years after she passed away. I used to feel shocked, bereft and desperately sad. But oddly comforted too, as if she was trying to let me know she was still there. How are you feeling? Of course you still miss your dad, you always will, but I hope time has made the memories more bearable. I still get a lump in my throat, (right now!) and itā€™s nearly 45 years on for me.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i still think i see my nan in the crowd with her blue mac and knitted woollen hat on. must be at least 10years now.
your dad was important to you. hope you are ok and not upset.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Good evening everyone!

On my way home this evening I saw 'dad' he was wearing a jacket and cap just like dad. Five years on and I still miss him and I saw him not far away from my old homešŸ’”ā¤ļøā€šŸ©¹.

MaNaAk
Four years on and I wish I could see dad but I never do, I look for him but he is not there. I often see his childhood dog though, his name was Peter and my husband has seen him too.

Peter was a flat coated retriever which is not a breed that we commonly see around our way but if we do see one, we always comment 'there's Peter. It is actually quite comforting. If I was to have another dog, that is the breed I would choose.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning everyone!

Yes I'm okay but seeing a dark man in a coat that was similar to dad's and a cap always makes me think of him. This man was able to walk a bit quicker but he definitely looked like him. Dad's black coat disappeared in the care home and I like to think that whichever resident ended up with it enjoyed wearing it. I still think of mum sixteen years on and I feel that throughout my time as a carer she was by my side. I also felt that when dad passed away with us at his bedside she was taking his hand as they were reunited.

MaNaAk

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
Good morning everyone!

Yes I'm okay but seeing a dark man in a coat that was similar to dad's and a cap always makes me think of him. This man was able to walk a bit quicker but he definitely looked like him. Dad's black coat disappeared in the care home and I like to think that whichever resident ended up with it enjoyed wearing it. I still think of mum sixteen years on and I feel that throughout my time as a carer she was by my side. I also felt that when dad passed away with us at his bedside she was taking his hand as they were reunited.

MaNaAk
((hugs))

Suzysheep01

Jan 14, 2023
I remember, not long after my dad died, I was sat in the drs waiting room. Sat next to me was an elderly gentleman who was wearing the same brown corduroy trousers my dad wore and sitting with both hands placed on his walking stick in front of him just like dad did. I had such an overwhelming urge to touch this manā€¦ but I didnā€™t.