Hello

Misspearl

Jan 12, 2024
Hello I am new here. I am the caregiver of my mom who is in middle stage Alzheimer’s. We got a diagnosis about one month ago. She has been with me since November when my daughter flew to Oregon and flew her back to me. We knew something was going on with her but she tried to hide it from everyone. Now in middle to beginning late stage she is with me. WOW. She currently is in the other room packing her bags to go home. She does not have a home to go to as she sold it 3 years ago. This is twice she has done this. I told her if she can negotiate and plan and execute her decision to leave then she doesn’t need to be here. So she goes to pack her things just like the first time. I guess at some point she will realize she is not going anywhere. Good grief, I don’t even know where to begin with all this.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Misspearl and firstly welcome to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here, and member really do want to help.
I am sorry to read of your Mom's recent diagnosis. It's tough for sure, and you will know it's a progressive disease, so now is the best she will be.
Behaviours like wanting to go home, even though they are home, or they want to go home to a previous home, even a childhood home, are quite common.
I hope you will find this forum useful for information, sound advice and suggestions, but also understanding. Many members here will have been through similar experiences, so you will not be alone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCNHERE