Father's Day

Knitterknatter

Dec 20, 2022
I am a single only child and sole carer (with support) for my Father.

We have never celebrated Fathers Day and the adverts and other people's plans haven't bothered me. Today it's got to me.

I think it's because there's radio silence from everyone who are doing happy family things while I do housework to the sound of endless Andre Rieu recordings. I posted some memory photos on the family WhatsApp earlier before I realised that today was Father's Day but nothing.

Ah well.

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
I am a single only child and sole carer (with support) for my Father.

We have never celebrated Fathers Day and the adverts and other people's plans haven't bothered me. Today it's got to me.

I think it's because there's radio silence from everyone who are doing happy family things while I do housework to the sound of endless Andre Rieu recordings. I posted some memory photos on the family WhatsApp earlier before I realised that today was Father's Day but nothing.

Ah well.
I’m sure you’re not alone…… plenty of us here not doing those things either. Could you risk putting in some headphones and listening to something you prefer on your phone….

Knitterknatter

Dec 20, 2022
I’m sure you’re not alone…… plenty of us here not doing those things either. Could you risk putting in some headphones and listening to something you prefer on your phone….
Actually very grateful for the Rieu recordings as similar theme but each different. He loves them, I enjoy the music but am a bit bored with them.

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
Yep, agree that listening (and tv programme watching), get very repetitious when sharing a home with a dementia sufferer. But no idea how I’d survive without them.