Dear Diary!

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
In our family I think its about ‘control’ over these issues 🙈🙈 I was seen to be bossy …until my sister tried the care and then the tune changed 🤣🤣 Do yours not respond well when u suggest a time that would suit? I tended to suggest before they did so got in first which workEd a treat!

im impressed ur mum still coping with apples - I tried a while ago and too hard - but soft in a crumble still going down well 😀

Neveradullday!

Oct 12, 2022
England
A nice piece of cod with dressed cherry tomatoes for mum, not had the latter for ages but thought I'd chance it and step away from her usual fare. Disappearing quick smart! Also reintroduced apples (a kilo for only a £1 by the way), stayed away due to their firm texture & solid nature but mum handled it very well when cut down to size. Impressed the way she is handling these small changes to her diet lately, well done mum 💚
I'm doing my signature dish, @Eddcorner - nearly ready - small potatoes, chicken breast (already cooked by the Tesco team) and a side salad of lettuce, mixed leaves and sweet pepper (my mum's favourite). Not exactly The Ritz - but she looks well on it.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
In our family I think its about ‘control’ over these issues 🙈🙈 I was seen to be bossy …until my sister tried the care and then the tune changed 🤣🤣 Do yours not respond well when u suggest a time that would suit? I tended to suggest before they did so got in first which workEd a treat!

im impressed ur mum still coping with apples - I tried a while ago and too hard - but soft in a crumble still going down well 😀
I get questioned quite frequently 🤔

It's only because I've reiterated the same position over and over, when a visitor attempts to break mum's routine she may not return to finish a meal or if she's even a little bit late for a personal visit... A person might offer to do a thing but always on their terms not mum's. I understand that peeps might get frustrated but I am totally led by my mother in all things, as her needs change progressively more quickly in these later stages we just have to go with the flow.

The apples are diced to a manageable size so mum can put them on her fork, I was surprised myself at how successful she was! Nothing wrong with a crumble haha 😄 yum, yum.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
I'm doing my signature dish, @Eddcorner - nearly ready - small potatoes, chicken breast (already cooked by the Tesco team) and a side salad of lettuce, mixed leaves and sweet pepper (my mum's favourite). Not exactly The Ritz - but she looks well on it.
Sigh... salivating already here. Mum rarely has more than two items on her plate which have to be separated but as she has six meals (3 main) never misses out, like a bloomin' vacuum cleaner this one ;)

Very healthy option @Neveradullday! Never sniff at an already cooked chicken haha.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
One job I no longer have to do 😀😀 veggie lasagna and Queen of Pudding here tonight…..some of the staff have realised I’m too polite and pile loads on mums plate with me in mind 🤣🤣🤣

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
One job I no longer have to do 😀😀 veggie lasagna and Queen of Pudding here tonight…..some of the staff have realised I’m too polite and pile loads on mums plate with me in mind 🤣🤣🤣
Lucky you 😄 and how kind. I remember whilst working for the NHS we were always fed too - right proper! But don't lose those culinary skills thru inaction, keep em'up lass ;)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
After several days of mum not grinding her teeth last night on retiring to bed it made a grandstand return! Long and short of it meant getting her out of bed earlier than usual for a personal visit and administering PRN pain medication at mum's direction. Settled after about 1/2 hour but three more p/visits ensued during the remainder. Consequently had a lie in... wait for it... until 10.02am!! Bed was very decent on rising which meant getting ready this morning sorted quick smart, both of us extremely well rested too - had forgotten what it was like ;)

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Well I apologised to the person concerned over arrangements to visit, I reiterated our position once again stating that it was only my intention to ensure that it was a worthwhile/quality event for both mum & themselves. When we're busy we're busy and it doesn't leave much space to manoeuvre with evenings/weekends at a more sedate space. My hackles were raised by the numerous questions faced in the reply I received and it just set me off! I'm not a complicated chap, my brain's isn't wired that way - I think in straight lines... direct, transparent and to the point. No hidden agendas here ;) but I have to acknowledge only mum and dad were able to translate my 'perceived awkwardness', I have ruffled more than a few feather in my time as a consequence haha ;) So a thank you to @jennifer1967 for making me reflect on my position yesterday, sometimes it takes a friend to give you a little nudge now and again... I was still right though! 🤪

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Well I apologised to the person concerned over arrangements to visit, I reiterated our position once again stating that it was only my intention to ensure that it was a worthwhile/quality event for both mum & themselves. When we're busy we're busy and it doesn't leave much space to manoeuvre with evenings/weekends at a more sedate space. My hackles were raised by the numerous questions faced in the reply I received and it just set me off! I'm not a complicated chap, my brain's isn't wired that way - I think in straight lines... direct, transparent and to the point. No hidden agendas here ;) but I have to acknowledge only mum and dad were able to translate my 'perceived awkwardness', I have ruffled more than a few feather in my time as a consequence haha ;) So a thank you to @jennifer1967 for making me reflect on my position yesterday, sometimes it takes a friend to give you a little nudge now and again... I was still right though! 🤪
of course!!!! 😂 😂

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Mum right twitchy this evening, hasn't been the toilet properly (that's the PRN's fault from last night) and usually regular as clockwork so fingers crossed she gets a result ASAP... won't be able to settle until then 😔

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Received my reply and not an unexpected narrative quite apparent... let's leave it at that shall we ;) Thank goodness for TP showing me that such things are a commonplace experience for many supporting others with the brain fog thingy!

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
On a different note mum twitching not a problem anymore following several successful personal visits earlier today! Know how discomforting such episodes can be personally (albeit rarely) but that's the downside of utilising PRN Codeine.

Frustratingly attended chemists late morning... no memantine in stock yet, they could return mum's script but advised that many if not all pharmacy outlets would be in the same boat anyways. Was informed that we could seek an alternative from GPs but I would surmise that if someone had been taking it for almost a decade would that not lead to severe withdrawal symptoms and a rapid decline in presentation? Where do they find these people!? They tried to draw a comparison with their difficulties to source diabetic medication but and I have every sympathy for that group of individuals this is not the same - so fingers crossed🤞peeps 🤔

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
On a different note mum twitching not a problem anymore following several successful personal visits earlier today! Know how discomforting such episodes can be personally (albeit rarely) but that's the downside of utilising PRN Codeine.

Frustratingly attended chemists late morning... no memantine in stock yet, they could return mum's script but advised that many if not all pharmacy outlets would be in the same boat anyways. Was informed that we could seek an alternative from GPs but I would surmise that if someone had been taking it for almost a decade would that not lead to severe withdrawal symptoms and a rapid decline in presentation? Where do they find these people!? They tried to draw a comparison with their difficulties to source diabetic medication but and I have every sympathy for that group of individuals this is not the same - so fingers crossed🤞peeps 🤔
my daughter said that certain diabetic insulin is hard to get hold of because im having to have additional insulin but it seems its not the one that is in short supply. we have problems when we cant get the insulin which can lead to complications. i suppose its the same as any other meds that have been prescribed but hard to get. i dont think there is any comparison, if you need meds for it then not good when you cant get it.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
my daughter said that certain diabetic insulin is hard to get hold of because im having to have additional insulin but it seems its not the one that is in short supply. we have problems when we cant get the insulin which can lead to complications. i suppose its the same as any other meds that have been prescribed but hard to get. i dont think there is any comparison, if you need meds for it then not good when you cant get it.
It's absolutely not on when people are dependent on long term meds, fortunately I have another week's supply but my overriding concern is what do we do when it's gone? Was assured when we switched that sourcing would not be a problem (had massive problems at Tesco on a weekly basis beforehand) and for the most part we've been okay but I have no patience when mum's wellbeing is jeopardised. You have my sympathies on the matter @jennifer1967 💚

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Stumbled upon the Crystal Maze (7am) which I've been recording for mum, has now become her number one must-see TV programme whilst we have our breakfast! Was always into puzzles and this pitches very nicely into that :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wendy.ferris