Dealing with council social services

Karen.L

Jan 18, 2024
There are some parts of your posts which really do show how bad things are-
"

Those children really are a credit to your sister but would your Mum want them to become unpaid carers?

Then there's this; your Dad telling you that he can't cope and that statement alone should be telling you that you NEED to be looking at care homes.

Money yes, it's always an issue but once your Mum's funds fall below the limit, SS will step in.

And it's fantastic how your family have pulled together but with your Dad's additional needs, I doubt that this is sustainable long term.

You and your family really are a credit to your parents but now there are difficult decisions to be made.
When I say children they are not children. They are in their 30s. Mum would not want any of us to be unpaid carers. She always said she would go in a home if she ever got dementia. It's not the first time we have dealt with Dementia. 3 of my grandparents had it. The services available were much better then they are now. For now we are doing the best we can and after reading all of the advice on my thread. I am sure it will not be long before I get some help in place for Mums care.