Cometh The Vaccines

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
@MaNaAk , I have checked the websites of a number of high street stores and no sin cleanser. Sorry, the man in the chemist said he didn’t have any either but you try…. a glade with trees and fairies (but we won’t get into that)

Last edited:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I'm so sorry, I chuckled out loud when I read this. Very difficult when dealing with people who have very fixed ideas.
My first response would have been "Don't we all?"
Well according to my friend we are born of sin and also earlier this year I ran into in the high street and we had coffe together. I couldn't go home because at that time the landlord was showing the next tenant round the old flat. Whilst we were having coffee and I was being told that AIDs was part of a 'plan' the lady on the table behind us got up to leave and the smile on her face said it all. Infact she made clear that she had been struggling to keep a straight face!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
FIL was sent to hospital non emergency last night but when the ambulance arrived they said our hospital was on divert so he was taken to another towns hospital about 20 miles away. Good thing it wasn’t an emergency & he is now back at the nursing home. Our local paper have reported a 4 fold increase in covid admissions to our hospital this last week & visiting restrictions are in place again. I’m glad he wasn’t taken there now. Just to add he has missed out on the last 2 boosters because of being in hospital but he did have covid in April so hopefully he still has some immunity to the worst effects
Hope he's okay now @Moggymad.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
They would be bored stiff with mine unless they want to watch my orchestra concerts and the activities of my tortoises. I seem to remember last year when I posted a similar thread @nitram said that I would have to wear aluminium foil around my head because of living in a 5g hotspot. I suppose that being near dad's old telephone exchange would affect in some way.

MaNaAk

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The tinfoil worked, they are now trying plan B and controlling your tortoises using them to take control of you.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I am one of those who wear the scar of a smallpox inoculation which contributed to eradicating the disease.

I am also one of the kids who were Guinea pigs for the Salk vaccine for polio as where we lived suffered a dreadful epidemic of that disease. I never had it explained to me what polio was because I was young and nobody told kids anything but the fear parents and families went through was dreadful and palpable.

I‘ll put my arm out for anything that stops me and everybody else from getting sick. When I was a nanny, I had whooping cough vaccine though it wasn’t required by the mum as she didn’t believe in vaccinations. When she discovered that she couldn’t send her children to the school of her choice, she changed her mind!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I am one of those who wear the scar of a smallpox inoculation which contributed to eradicating the disease.

I am also one of the kids who were Guinea pigs for the Salk vaccine for polio as where we lived suffered a dreadful epidemic of that disease. I never had it explained to me what polio was because I was young and nobody told kids anything but the fear parents and families went through was dreadful and palpable.

I‘ll put my arm out for anything that stops me and everybody else from getting sick. When I was a nanny, I had whooping cough vaccine though it wasn’t required by the mum as she didn’t believe in vaccinations. When she discovered that she couldn’t send her children to the school of her choice, she changed her mind!
and the BCG for TB we had and still have a scar on the shoulder, rubella has reduced ladies getting german measles which might result damage to the baby. tetanus as well. they have all been introduced to reduce numbers that contract it each year. if we didnt do that in sufficient numbers, then diseases will not reduce and or eradicate and more lives would be in danger because of it.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
and the BCG for TB we had and still have a scar on the shoulder, rubella has reduced ladies getting german measles which might result damage to the baby. tetanus as well. they have all been introduced to reduce numbers that contract it each year. if we didnt do that in sufficient numbers, then diseases will not reduce and or eradicate and more lives would be in danger because of it.
Yes! And we all had to have that skin test before we had the BCG. My brother was positive, apparently from exposure to an aunt who had TB.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I had a friend who developed polio and although she survived had a bad limp because one leg grew longer than the other. I also had a distant cousin die from measles encephalitis and my son ended up in hospital for a week with whooping cough when he was a toddler.
We, as a nation, have forgotten what these diseases are like