Cometh The Vaccines

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good afternoon everyone.

Cometh the flu vaccine and Covid and cometh my friend who doesn't believe in Covid and says I should avoid the flu vaccine as well. I've had two videos and been told that they are saving the planet! I won't be able have vaccines before next Saturday because I have a cold coming and a concert with the orchestra. My friend has moved with her elderly mum who fully believes in Covid.

MaNaAk

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

'Cometh The Vaccines' and also the hospital admissions

2022-10-07_143837.png

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Good afternoon everyone.

Cometh the flu vaccine and Covid and cometh my friend who doesn't believe in Covid and says I should avoid the flu vaccine as well. I've had two videos and been told that they are saving the planet! I won't be able have vaccines before next Saturday because I have a cold coming and a concert with the orchestra. My friend has moved with her elderly mum who fully believes in Covid.

Ma
Hubby and I are booked in to have both Covid and Flu vaccine in two weeks time, I just feel that we need to do anything we can to protect ourselves and others.
Don't quite see how your friend thinks not having the vaccine would save the planet, unless she thinks that if we all die off from Covid and the flu that that would help the planet!!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hubby and I are booked in to have both Covid and Flu vaccine in two weeks time, I just feel that we need to do anything we can to protect ourselves and others.
Don't quite see how your friend thinks not having the vaccine would save the planet, unless she thinks that if we all die off from Covid and the flu that that would help the planet!!
She doesn't believe in Covid. This time last year it went all round my brothers family, worked it's way around my pupils and friends and I lost a distant relative. Several people I know have fallen ill with different infections after having Covid.

MaNaAk

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
My sister has had it twice, the first time just after the first lock down and she was really ill but not hospitalised. The second time was after vaccinations and although she felt ill it was really more like a bad cold.
I really do not understand how people do not accept that Covid exists, but it takes all sorts.

Libbybookworm

Apr 6, 2018
Hubby and I had our boosters a few weeks ago. He then went into hospital, I visited every day; within two weeks of the boosters the ward was closed and we both went down with covid having avoided it since the beginning of the first lockdown. He wasn't too bad, but I was out of action for a week. I'll still be having a booster next year as we really don't know how bad it would be otherwise.

My Mum's Daughter

Feb 8, 2020
For me, flu Jab done and Covid booked.

For Mum, Covid done but I'm now questioning if any further jabs are in her best interest. It's a very hard call.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I've had both my flu and covid vaccines, and I assume mum has too as her care home asked permission a week or two ago. I think I will carry on giving permission for mum to have them. Flu is pretty horrid and I wouldn't want her to get that if it can be avoided.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband has his covid and flu jab booked together tomorrow. flu would be just as dangerous for him as covid. i will have to wait until they get round to doing mine at home. my son has had it twice as not jabbed at all[scared of needles other than the tatooist] most of my children or partners/ grandchildren have had covid. i think i have a virus/cold but clear of covid.

Clairey51

Dec 7, 2021
My mum has been invited for her covid booster and I really don't know how I'm going to get her out of the house.
Doctors surgery aren't doing them I mean that would be a feat in itself getting her there but our nearest place is in a boots in our town, its going to be an absolute nightmare, I really don't think I could cope with the stress.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
My mum has been invited for her covid booster and I really don't know how I'm going to get her out of the house.
Doctors surgery aren't doing them I mean that would be a feat in itself getting her there but our nearest place is in a boots in our town, its going to be an absolute nightmare, I really don't think I could cope with the stress.
Would it be possible to arrange for a district nurse to do the jab.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Still working at the vaccine centre on a Sunday - average just short of 1000 jabs each clinic- somemust still believe in it

Friend ( who also happens to have Vas Dem) is currently hospitalised with Covid- which has caused a blood clot on his lung.
he's not best happy cooped up in his 'cabin' and hopes the ship soon returns to port

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
cant she goes as housebound? im housebound under the doctor and a community team come and give me mine. they have for the last 2 years

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
FIL was sent to hospital non emergency last night but when the ambulance arrived they said our hospital was on divert so he was taken to another towns hospital about 20 miles away. Good thing it wasn’t an emergency & he is now back at the nursing home. Our local paper have reported a 4 fold increase in covid admissions to our hospital this last week & visiting restrictions are in place again. I’m glad he wasn’t taken there now. Just to add he has missed out on the last 2 boosters because of being in hospital but he did have covid in April so hopefully he still has some immunity to the worst effects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanzi