Best pull on pants for night use

HazelT

Mar 17, 2023
My husband has been wearing pull on pants at night for a while but I still have to change the bed pad, and sometimes the quilt cover, pillow cases etc as well, nearly every morning. I am using Tena proskin pants night but he still seems to leak. The pants are pretty full every morning. Is this normal?
What have others found to be the best pants for night time use. Should I try a bigger size? Any thoughts and help appreciated. If I wanted to change beds every morning I would have run a b and b!!! Thanks.

backin

Feb 6, 2024
Have you spoken to the NHS continence team?

I started buying Aldi ones and they seemed fine. What level of absorbency are you currently using?

HazelT

Mar 17, 2023
Have you spoken to the NHS continence team?

I started buying Aldi ones and they seemed fine. What level of absorbency are you currently using?
The packet has 8 1/2 drops on it but I understand that is not a standard and doesn't really mean a lot!
As for the continence team I have filled in their input output 3 day chart and posted it back to them but have heard nothing. You have to log a call to them and I don’t have a direct number so just to ask a question is a bit long winded. I thought I would try here first then try the Admiral nurses. Thanks

backin

Feb 6, 2024
The packet has 8 1/2 drops on it but I understand that is not a standard and doesn't really mean a lot!
As for the continence team I have filled in their input output 3 day chart and posted it back to them but have heard nothing. You have to log a call to them and I don’t have a direct number so just to ask a question is a bit long winded. I thought I would try here first then try the Admiral nurses. Thanks
I thought the drops indicated the volume of liquid they should absorb

HazelT

Mar 17, 2023
I thought the drops indicated the volume of liquid they should absorb
They do but apparently not consistent from make to make if you understand me. It’s not a standard across different types. 🤷🏻‍♀️

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
@HazelT , Hi ,the incontinence nurse has given my OH the tena proskin pants 'super' 7/8 drops for night and the tena proskin 'plus classic' for day time as he does use the toilet but doesn't always make in time. The night one can get very full if he goes all night without waking but we rarely get leaks. Once in the last four weeks and then only a small wet patch on the Kylie mat.

I have used Aldi pull ups and found them as good. We were advised to get the tightest fit possible to avoid leaks. I had been buying Aldi large but was advised to buy medium by the nurse. Both actually fitted and neither leaked.

Also advised no drinks after 8 pm except for meds and drink decaffeinated tea and coffee x

windyhill

Dec 9, 2023
My wife tried various cheaper absorbent pants (Lidl and Aldi) but they weren't a great success since they tended to leak with a larger volume. However after filling an incontinence survey from the local social services she was sent Tena pants SUPER with 7 drops (out of 8) and 3x protection. They have been a life saver. Before this I was changing and washing sheets and the kylie sheet every morning. For the last month we have had completely dry beds despite the pants being quite soiled in the morning. The reorder line I have for tena is 03457413643. Hope this helps. They are comfortable otherwise my wife wouldn't wear them.

Chelseajude

Feb 10, 2021
Norwich
My husband has been wearing pull on pants at night for a while but I still have to change the bed pad, and sometimes the quilt cover, pillow cases etc as well, nearly every morning. I am using Tena proskin pants night but he still seems to leak. The pants are pretty full every morning. Is this normal?
What have others found to be the best pants for night time use. Should I try a bigger size? Any thoughts and help appreciated. If I wanted to change beds every morning I would have run a b and b!!! Thanks.
My OH wears the Tena 8 drops but we still get leaks especially if he has coffee which is not decaffeinated. If we are careful about just drinking water in sips after 7 pm then we have less issues. It is a real nuisance and the urologist has now recommended a catheter with. Flip Flo valve. We are waiting for this to be fitted however the bags seem to be out of stock 🤷‍♂️

HazelT

Mar 17, 2023
@HazelT , Hi ,the incontinence nurse has given my OH the tena proskin pants 'super' 7/8 drops for night and the tena proskin 'plus classic' for day time as he does use the toilet but doesn't always make in time. The night one can get very full if he goes all night without waking but we rarely get leaks. Once in the last four weeks and then only a small wet patch on the Kylie mat.

I have used Aldi pull ups and found them as good. We were advised to get the tightest fit possible to avoid leaks. I had been buying Aldi large but was advised to buy medium by the nurse. Both actually fitted and neither leaked.

Also advised no drinks after 8 pm except for meds and drink decaffeinated tea and coffee x
That’s brilliant thank you. He sounds very like my OH. Uses the toilet during the day but he hardly goes at all. He drinks very little anyway and we are on decaffeinated. He tends to sleep on his side and I wonder if that’s the problem but really don’t know. Thanks for your help.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
That’s brilliant thank you. He sounds very like my OH. Uses the toilet during the day but he hardly goes at all. He drinks very little anyway and we are on decaffeinated. He tends to sleep on his side and I wonder if that’s the problem but really don’t know. Thanks for your help.
@HazelT , My oH always sleeps on his back and rarely moves. Been like that since he had a triple by pass years ago!

Does your husband go to the toilet in the night? My oh does sometimes but I go too as he doesn't tuck himself back inside the pull up properly and that's when I got the wet bed..

HazelT

Mar 17, 2023
My wife tried various cheaper absorbent pants (Lidl and Aldi) but they weren't a great success since they tended to leak with a larger volume. However after filling an incontinence survey from the local social services she was sent Tena pants SUPER with 7 drops (out of 8) and 3x protection. They have been a life saver. Before this I was changing and washing sheets and the kylie sheet every morning. For the last month we have had completely dry beds despite the pants being quite soiled in the morning. The reorder line I have for tena is 03457413643. Hope this helps. They are comfortable otherwise my wife wouldn't wear them.
Thank you. All thoughts and advice welcome. The continual washing is getting me down.

HazelT

Mar 17, 2023
@HazelT , My oH always sleeps on his back and rarely moves. Been like that since he had a triple by pass years ago!

Does your husband go to the toilet in the night? My oh does sometimes but I go too as he doesn't tuck himself back inside the pull up properly and that's when I got the wet bed..
No he doesnt tend to get up in the night but I wonder if sleeping on his side means the wee seeps that way. Thanks.