View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Help needed as we are getting out of our depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Underwood View Post
    That is one of the other problem that i cannot understand.

She has taken so far this year 4 and although they are no more that 5 days at the most.

She rely`s on an elderly couple who are very genuine indeed who live next door but from were i am standing seem to be getting more involved than ever and they are not the type to complain and all this i feel is a bit of a cheek.

I just do not understand all this.

Regards

Ken
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Help needed as we are getting out of our depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Underwood View Post
    Thank you both but Maureen has had a change of heart she wants me to hold off sending the letter and is asking if a relation in London some 300 miles away can come down to have one last try to make them see sense.

I cannot see how this quite distant relative can suddenly wave a magic wand and all will be ok, i think this is cold feet on Maureen`s part not wanting to let go.

A question i asked of her the other day is after 9 months were are we? and she had to agree that
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. a day wrecked by a dream

Last night I had a dream, that I was reunited very briefly with the person I loved ten years ago, just to say goodbye, which was something we had not been able to do properly.

It has left me feeling utterly abandoned and my day is in pieces before it even starts. I wonder how long I will continue to have these dreams, they are much less frequent than they were.

Things have become manageable over the years and I have seriously tried to find reasons to carry on (initially ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My mums just been diagnosed today with early dementia, she is 83...

Can someone give me some advice, My 83 year old mum has been diagnosed today with early stage of Dementia. I am her only daughter, with severe rheumatoid arthritis, and i have no brothers or sisters, i am trying to come to terms with this. I cryed and cryed today, why my mum. She was such a bright lady, never been ill in her life, always loved life travelling,,,but lately she seem so withdrawn , didnt want to go out like we used too, calling me mornings early telling me she dosent feel well, please ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Questions without answers

I've had a long chat with my brother tonight engineered by mum who handed me the phone asking me to explain my thoughts on respite care etc. It was good to talk as they say but after half an hour my phone battery died and when I called back on another handset my brother didn't want to continue - can't blame him as I was really getting into my stride! I question my own motivation to spend so much time trying to be amateur mediator and counsellor - and indeed why I spend so much time on this forum ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized