View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. what do we do?

Quote Originally Posted by mims View Post
    hi new to here, just stumbled upon it whilst trying to research vascular dementia. my mum has had this for about 10 years . my father is her carer and myself and brother help. it has now got to the stage now though that she only wants my dad with her, 24/7 . my father still works (they are both 65) and we have a lovely lady who is companion/carer to her in the mornings and then my dad takes over in the afternoons. my mum used to come to me in the afternoons, but recently that stopped as she is very
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Help and Advice Needed

Hi all, I am new to this forum so have never posted anything before, but I do need some serious advice from people who are in the know about dementia patients.

My father-in-law (who is believed to suffer with Lewis Body dementia) was earlier this year offered the opportunity to come and live with his son and me or, alternatively we would go and live with him. At the time he was fiercely independent and wanted to stay in his own home alone. He used to come to stay with us every weekend ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Need to get through each day

Mum died on 6th October 2011, she was in a beautiful Nursing home and received excellent care. We were all with her, I was with her so much over her last few weeks, I miss her so much and don't know what to do with myself. I feel so completely lost. Her death was peaceful but she had a hard time, Alzheimer's is a cruel disease, people dont know what it does, it attacked my mum's body, her initial stages with the disease were very difficult as she knew she was fighting something, god love her she ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Advise on What to do?

Hi all, I am new to this forum so have never posted anything before, but I do need some serious advice from people who are in the know about dementia patients.

My father-in-law (who is believed to suffer with Lewis Body dementia) was earlier this year offered the opportunity to come and live with his son and me or, alternatively we would go and live with him. At the time he was fiercely independent and wanted to stay in his own home alone. He used to come to stay with us every weekend ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Am I Lucky or just Fortunate,?.

Hello All, As you can see I've been away from the Forum for 3 years,(my loss),!. When I first joined in 2008 I received a lot of support from members as Ivy's Alzheimers was new, and frightening. I've never forgotten the help I got and the reason I'm back is to tell you that I've come to terms with it, Ivy was always a lovely cheerful person and the reason I've put that title on is because she has stayed exactly that way and loved by all, I've been reading some of the Posts and realise ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized