View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. aricept and associated pain.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia brown View Post
    My husband has been taking aricept for 14 months and over last 5months has been complaining non stop about pain in teeth. After have three out and dentist cant find anything wrong with him. Have asked to be reviewed about aricept, and been told he is responding well. I have my doubts I think it is related to aricept, he has osteoarthritis and on reflection has increased general pain. Dont want to stop him taking something that may be helping him Any one out theere got any experience of this.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. There is light in the darkness

Quote Originally Posted by grobertson62 View Post
    I haven't posted for quite a while now so thought I would share the light
    It's now 18 months since we were told after a fall, infection and fast exacerbation of dads vascular dementia
    There have been many dark days but we have entered a state of acceptance and calm

Despite having to compete in budgie shooting investigating the death of the game keeper,chasing chickens and regularly feeding the kids under the table, we have discovered dad still has a wicked sense of humour
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Confused......Moving from England to Scotland

My aunt is still in hospital in Birmingham and we have now found a suitable care home in Scotland. Nephew (in Scotland) is currently in the process of applying for Deputyship however we think aunt will be in Scotland before this is in place. Deputyship is not recognised in Scotland and when here we will have to reapply for Guardianship (incurring the cost twice). Would anybody know if we should just be applying directly for the Guardianship here or do we have to continue with the Deputyship given ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My mother's obsession and behaviour

My mother has had an obsession which has got worse over the past 5 years. She believes she is being cheated out of money. She isn't and despite being told several times by me and other family members, a solicitor and an accountant she will not let it go believing she is owed thousands of pounds.

Having been through the accounts several times with her (I know them off my heart now!) and realising that she appeared to no longer be able to accept rational explanations I asked her ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Paying for care in residential care

A friend tells me she has just listened to a programme on Radio 4 on which a representative from the Alzheimers Society has said that payment of fees for long term residential care is the responsibility of the NHS. I can't find any details on the Radio 4 website. Can anyone from the Alzheimers Society please give me further information.

What is a Tag - I've no idea what this means!
    Categories
    Uncategorized