View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Accusing of carers stealing.

My partner's mother is nearly 85 and has COPD, heart problems and other difficulties. She is on oxygen at all times, takes various tablets and has to use a nebuliser twice a day as well as her 'puffer', all to help with breathing. Over the last few months her health has deteriorated and she has been in and out of hospital with breathing difficulties; mainly because she won't use her nebuliser. Two months ago she moved into a flat for the elderly so she can be nearer to us. We are now concerned that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. camdencolin

This is my first attempt to engage with Blog/Forum discussions. I have a rather irreverent proposal that may be seen to be in bad taste. I find that indulging in somewhat dark humour is one way of reducing the stress and tension of being a full time carer for my wife. My proposal is to have Blog or Forum page where carers can contribute their own anecdotes, be they funny, witty, sardonic, ironic, bittersweet (but never cruel).

My first contribution: after a day in which I had cleaned ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Weekend alone

by on 09-01-2012 at 12:07 AM (Christmas without you mum)
    This is the first weekend I have spent alone apart from Bertie the dog and trixie the cat my brothers have both phoned me each day
    I have felt really lost loads of time but nothing to do friends I had have got there own life you can only say no so many times before they stop asking poor old Bertie has walked miles
    I would have loved a few hours break when I had mum but now I'm lost without her we did everything together for over 5years 24/7
    I have spent the night looking at ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Backtracking dementia diagnosis

I have been told by someone that you could backtrack a diagnosis. By this I mean that you can prove someone had dementia before dementia was confirmed.

I have posted before about a lady taking advantage of my Uncle for his money. She went to a Geriatric psychiatrist to confirm he didn't have dementia so that she could get him to sign various financial arrangements by taking him to a solicitor of her choice when he already had one. He went back and forth between Solicitorscontradicting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. our life

Sunday 8th January 2012
    Dawn left just after 1pm.
    Micky is upstairs sleeping. Its 2.07pm since Dawn left Dave and I have been sitting in the lounge watching a film. Dad came and sat in with us shortly after Dawn left. He sat for about 30 seconds and got up and walked into the kitchen, he was gone maybe 5 minutes, came back in sat down for no longer than 1 minute. This has continued ever since. Both Dave and I separately have tried to settle him. He is convinced he has no cigarettes ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized