View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. does this feeling ever end?

i havent written for awile. i got sick. i have what they call a periferal neuropathy in my legs. that means the nerves from outside the brain and spinal cord are dying.i can barely walk. i need a cane.im not even 65.my mom died --its aboiut 6 weeks now aqnd im still mourning for her. i know that takes a long time. my heart is so broken up.people tell me it gets better, i need patience. i know that, but my birthday is coming. my mom would sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me on the phone. she had the worst ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Lovely mum

My mum lived with my family and i until 3 months ago when i asked my brothers to help as we were on our knees.They never took any real interest in my mum while she was living on her own or with us, but they have now put her in a home some 50 miles away, closer to them, they say i have had my turn being with my mum its their turn. The problem is that the home is too large for my mum and therefore she stays in her room most of the time and is going down hill fast. She has no stimulation and is not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mum's Birthday Response.

Actually it isn't mum's birthday until Sunday but as both my sister and I visit regularly and there are days that mums goes off out to who knows where, I took a box of bits and pieces to mum on Thursday in case we missed each other.

I showed mum the box and placed it on her dining room table and told her it was for her birthday. She asked if it was a cake and I said it wasn't as she could only use my cakes as doorstops and she seemed a bit disappointed about that.

My ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. I don't know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Allyj View Post
    I live 500 miles from my mother, who has recently started to be forgetful. However, this has become rapidly worse over the last few weeks! It is hard to distinguish old age from other mental health issues. I speak to her everyday. There is only me and although she says that she has lots of friends, I don't think they visit.

She won't entertain the thought of help or carers, she says that she is fine!! When I know she is not.

I guess I am feeling very helpless and isolated!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. advice please

i have a nan who has been showing real personality changes over the last 12 months and it is now coming to the point that she is completely unreconisable to the person she once was. She is 80 and lives with my grandad who as been trying to hide the problems from us i think because he doesnt want to admit there is something wrong. She has been to the doctors several times for blood tests etc and they are now wanting to send her for a brain scan to see if there is anything visibal. My nan is refusing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized