View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Day 22, Cycle 2

by , 20-10-2012 at 11:10 PM (My Friend Screen)
    I woke this morning feeling well again. The water retention is quite up but I have discovered that it is always like this after I have had to take the steroids. It will go down - I'm sure.

I decided I wanted a quiet, peaceful day today and so that's just what I got. I made some progress on my new cross stitch and Martin did some of his jigsaw and read the paper. It was a lovely time. Martin's sister rang to ask if they could drive over to visit us tomorrow morning - so we will ...
  2. I am 100%....

There will always be bad days and good days when loving a person with AD/ Dementia (I have spent the last two days crying about my wonderful mother). It sounds to me that you have had a few bad days lately and my heart goes out to you, and it sounds like thing have got on top of you –but this is very normal, but I think by your previous posts that you are a lot stronger than you think you are.
    Please keep strong
    Mickie
    1. People want to get on my back then go ahead but throwing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 21, Cycle 2

by , 19-10-2012 at 10:47 PM (My Friend Screen)
    This morning I needed to be up early to see the GP about the thyroid blood test results. All was the same as last time so the dosage does not need to be increased.

We were having a friend come over for lunch and so my daughter and I decided to shop for some ingredients and start cooking. We made roasted and stuffed squash, beef tomatoes with egg and manchego cheese, mixed bean salad, potato salad and ciabata bread with oil and balsamic. It was all scrumptious.

4. Day 20, Cycle 2

by , 18-10-2012 at 11:44 PM (My Friend Screen)
    Today I awoke early and felt refreshed and well. All the stress and strain of yesterday had gone and today was a new dawn. I had a friend coming to visit first thing and an appointment at the GP surgery for a blood test to check my thyroid a little later. Whilst at the surgery I asked the nurse if she could do my flu jab to save me coming back on Saturday and she did.

Mandy came very early afternoon and we just chilled in the sun room listening to a sonic healing CD and chatting, ...
  5. Another Days Experience

Today mum got thrown out of Debenhams by security. They followed her round the shop and told her that the coats were very expensive as if she was going to shoplift one. She knew exactly which one she was going to buy and had the money on her, but was not allowed to buy it ......... What on earth could have happened??? She was very bemused by the whole episode and I have to say so am I and I shall be visiting said department store to investigate on Saturday and maybe a little education on Dementia ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized