View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. At least I am not alone.................... .

I look after my 97 year old mother (at her home) who has dementia with the help of carers. When I read the different blogs here it lets me know I am not alone and I can identify with many of the comments made.
    It can be a dark, lonely and frustrating place looking after someone with dementia but when I read some of the problems others have I feel at least I am not the only one in the world going through this.
    In addition to my mother my father in law has Alzeimers and has been in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. moving mum and dad.

hi all and happy new year. my father has alzheimers although not sure which one (does it matter) he is 84 and was diagnosed three years ago, he lives in assisted accomodation with my mother who is 89, and not very physically fit and beginning to forget things herself. I visit every week and call in between. i would like to know how easy is it for me to get them moved nearer and when would be best for dad as he depends on my mother alot and would be very distressed if she wasn't with him. thanks
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Peaceful new year

I just want to wish everyone a happy, peaceful new year. I really appreciate all the replies that I've had. It has really helped to save my sanity which I felt was hanging by a thread. Dealing with dementia is not easy. It is hard for people to understand just how difficult it can be. This website is amazing as we understand each other. That is a blessing! Love and peace to you all. x
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. need some tips on how to copy with mother's rising paranoia

My mother was given 5mgs of Aricept a month or so ago, since which time her natural paranoia seems to have intensified. I'm finding it very upsetting as I bend over backwards to make her life pleasant, but if she can't find something it is invariably me who is deemed to be at fault. Recently I've been accused of stealing her calendar, gardening shoes, address book, keys, pots and pans... the list goes on. While I'm at work she phones me up sometimes 3 times a day very angry and before I can explain ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Stomach upset and dementia

I have just had my third experience of taking my dad to hospital with sickness (some blood) and him being returned home with no plan to deal with it. Does anyone have experience of this type of problem.
    Also is it me or is it a disgrace that hospital transport will not operate a hoist because they are not insured as not trained. Also can not give you a time so you can get carers to be there (at your own additional costs) if my dad knew what was happening he would not be so pleased.
    Categories
    Uncategorized