View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Dementia, mum and me

Quote Originally Posted by Lorricle View Post
    This is the first time I have posted onto a support website. My mum is 84 and has had dementia for the last 5 years. During that time, she has accused me of stealing several times. She can become verbally aggressive. I found her a nursing home near me last year. Before that I would travel the 30 miles on public transport to see her as she had purposefully lost contact with most of the people she knew, apart from me and my aunt, who now has Alzheimer's.

There are times when
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Phone call from my Uncle's 'Nan' tonight

I have sent xmas cards to all my Uncle's friends (in his address book) again this year. I seem to have adopted all of them, it's weird but rather lovely. I received a phone call from a lady tonight who is 92! She is called Nan (not her real name, she was a nanny and also a trained nurse - that was her profession). Long story. Nan was so pleased to receive a card and to hear about my Uncle who was a dear dear friend of her's and her employers (a big family). My Uncle and his wife rented an apartment ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. seams like no one cares

Quote Originally Posted by pop View Post
    spoke to the nurse involved with dads care. she explained all to me and the problem as been sorted. but because dad had refused to see the doctor at the memory clinic there is nothing else they can do. had another bad day day with dad today. i have now come to the conclusion dad as a drink problem because as soon as mum goes to hospital for the day. he hit his cider. he has rang me every 10 mins today from 4 o clock. to ask what is happening. i had to ask my husband to take over today as i felt
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Am I a widow now?

Hi Saffe
    I only joined the Forum last night, but already i can see it's full of people who DO seem to Understand the situation i now find myself in through no fault of my own !! I to have received separate cards all though i made a point of choosing cards that said From Both Of Us I find the thing that upsets me most is when they speak of Roy in Past Tense !! He was a lovely man, He Used to make me laugh etc.I'm sure you will understand how it makes me feel. God Bless and enjoy Christmas ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. I Want to Run Away for Christmas

by on 22-12-2011 at 06:50 PM (I feel like a widow)
    Quote Originally Posted by piedwarbler View Post
    What about a big house in the country? Ill do some singing and entertaining if you'll cook the turkey.
    If we get a mansion for the week everyone who wants to can come.
    Categories
    Uncategorized