View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. New to alzheimers

Hi everyone, Just had the diagnosis that my dad is in the early stages of alzheimers and at the moment he doesn't seem to be to bad ok he forgets things and loses the thread on converstations and forgets places and peoples names. But generally he is in good health.

One of the problems I am experiencing is that with my mum, she seems always to be so negative about situtations and if dad makes minor mistake like the other day he put some of the groceries that should of gone in the cupboard ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Power of attorney

Hi Everyone,
    I need some advice I have just been refused Power of Attorney for my husband who has got vascular dementia I believe there is another option but very costly has any one know what it is. I would be very grateful for any info.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The added stress of others whilst caring for someone with someone with Alzheimers

I have joined this site hoping to get some feedback from other people in the same situation. My mother suffers from Alzheimers but still lives in her own house. My brother and sisters all help out. My brother took her to his house on mothers day for lunch, when he picked her up there was a parcel there and she didnt know how it had got there. It turned out to be some goods that had been ordered by her on the telephone to the sum of 699. BT have told me that they can not stop these calls going to ...

Updated 20-03-2012 at 01:49 PM by pepperpot

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My Dilema

My mum has been in her nursing home for 4yrs. Due to family circumstances I have always been unable to move her to a home not only nearer for more practical reasons and visits but to a more comfortable home which I feel she certainly deserves.( There have been a number of issues in the present home that I have had to bring to their attention and feel I always have to watch that mum is cared for sometimes in the most basic ways) I now have the opportunity to do this but feel very divided incase i ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. update on mum

well hello all , this is an update on the progression since my first and original post on mums alzheimers and vascular dementia. How horrible is this nasty disease , it has taken my lovely mum from me and my family and we cant believe how things are changing ! Mum was diagnosed officially 2 and a half years ago but truely and honestly we had noticed changes for at least 2 years before this. At this moment in time mum now has even more trouble finding the right words in a sentance for things and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized