View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. EMI Residential care

Hi everyone,

My brother and i are hoping to get appointments today at 2 EMI residential care homes to see the managers to talk about mams care, are there any questions we should be asking, we have visited a few homes and are being pushed to make our decisions, help!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. dailydoings thoughts etc

My dads got it into his head that he is paying to much tax
    He has his firms pension and state pension.
    today he has been driving me nuts with it
    dads been compairing 2010 -11 pension slips with this yrs and couldnt understand for the longest time why his tax has gone up so much
    If I explained it one I explained it 20 times
    Mum only had her state pension and paid no tax ,
    mum was entitled to a blind allowance
    whch for sum reason which I do not understand ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Newbie ..... Dad Diagnoised

So here I am on a website for alzheimers, and I dont really know what im doing here, apart from wanting to write everything down that has happened.

Its been a hard few months, mum wasnt coping well ... in fact truth be told she wasnt coping at all, having been there once with her own mother 5 years ago to watch your husband develop the same disease must have been the final straw. Mum took to hitting the bottle risking her own health in the process. Neither of them were eating properly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Family in crisis

Hello, we have had a emotional roller coaster of a week , on Monday last week my father in law whom is 86 was diagnosed with vascular dementia brought on by many TIA mini strokes , and
    the same week my mother inlaw 82 was diagnosed with Alzimers which came as no surprise unlike my father inlaw . We had a meeting with health care workers to sort out a care plan, not sure with it being the long bank holiday how long this will take, my mother inlaw refuses to shower or change her clothes which ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Home sick mother with AD

My mother has been in a care home now for six months and she is still very unsettled Visiting is becoming impossible as she gets very angry and agitated and demands to go back home. I have been trying to see her on a regular basis to break up the boredom in the home but despite my best attempts to please her she seems constantly frustrated. The care home is very nice and the staff are good but my mother is really unhappy. I have tried to help her by continuing the busy life she had before with ...

Updated 04-06-2012 at 11:52 PM by snoggy1one

Categories
    Uncategorized