View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. How do I post a thread?

Help...just put something on the blog because I can't seem to put anything on the thread...anyone know how I could transfer my blog to the forum please?

Sally x
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. What is the procedure once a person with Dementia is in hospital??

Hi
    Hope that someone out there may be able to offer some guidance or insight in to what happens after someone is admitted to hospital. Sorry but this will take a while to explain. My dad has been going downhill with vascular dementia over the past year and since Christmas it seems to have got much worse; he is now very agitated every day and through no fault of his own rants at my mum and shouts. Mum and dad are both 80 and mum is very fragile as she has chronic osteoporosis.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Feeling Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by DSCC View Post
    Hi everyone
    This is the first time i have written on here but need to put in words how im feeling.
    My mum was diagnosed with Alzheimers May 2011 but we knew something was wrong from the christmas time. We got a bigger house and moved mum in with us in the September as she wasnt coping on her own. Up until now it has been ok but im getting so tired and i get very stressed with my mum i hate myself for being like this. I work monday to friday as well as making sure my mum is up and ready
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My Blog..

February 1st 2012
    I phoned home as normal. Should explain I live in Kent, Mum & Dad live in Norfolk. So I phone everyday at 2pm.
    Dad sounded tired, as usual, but after some chit chat about weather and such he perked up. Told me he didn't have any snow but it was cold.
    He remembered going for a walk at the weekend with me and had enjoyed it.
    I visited with my daughter who had sent him a letter which he received today. Mum, who hasn't got dementia (will come back to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Good memory day

by on 01-02-2012 at 06:34 PM (Lest we forget to smile)
    A day or so after Mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease, I spoke to my brother John about it to fill him in. He lives in the United States so he's not going to be popping round with some shortbread biscuits or Downton Abbey DVD every other Sunday! We talked at length and I described how Mum was handling it, what I was up to and anything that he could help with albeit at arm's length.

Firstly I wanted him to back me up when speaking to Mum, make sure he tells Mum that I'm doing ...
    Categories
    Early Days , ‎ Humour(ish)