View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Telling the time

Recently mum lost the ability to tell the time, we have had bit of a giggle today trying to work out ways that will help her know what the time is, she says when it is dark I go to bed when light I get up, not always practical that one, have thought of a speaking clock, seems to understand when told the time, but most have american accents, and she is a little hard of hearng, anyone any ideas?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How to help

Hi, I have joined this forum because my Mother-in-law has been diagnosed with advanced Alzheimers and Dementia, this was last year she was 79, my Father-in-law who is 81, will not let anyone help at all, he said that he married for life and it is his duty to look after her, I signed up for this, no matter what we try to do he will not accept any help, I wonder if anyone can help or advise me on how we can make him see that it is important that he get help and advise about the illness, If I can fill ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 27/9/11

I picked up Mum and Dad to ours and we were supposed to go see our new Grandchild 3hrs away only to have dissapointment, my car let us down. The central locking packed up leaving me unable to fill up with petrol. We settled for Bullie's star prize! Mum and Dad stayed over an extra day.

Dad is progressively getting worse but not as fast as he has been. We think his dose will be doubled on his next visit to the clinic.
    I must admit Yes i get upset my Dad has this disease, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Advice needed re Trimethoprim and UTI's - Mum collapsed last night.

Mom was just put on a methenamine hippurate for recurrent UTi infections--this is a low dose for next several months. I'm hoping it stops the roller coaster of UTI/antibotics/downward mental state/anxiety etc.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Evolutionary Psychiatry discussing aspects of Alzheimer's

These blogposts will help you to better understand what interventions may be possible to reduce the incidence of Alzheimer's.

[url=http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201109/dementia-and-other-stories-how-saturated-fat-is-good-you]Dementia and Other Stories of How Saturated Fat is Good for You
    Don't fear saturated fat; it's good for you[/url]

[url=http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201109/alzheimers-and-omega-3s]Alzheimer's ...