View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Uncle is back home again

My Uncle has been discharged from hospital and is "back home" - in the NH. The NH manager phoned me on Tuesday to say that he was responding well to the treatment and that he was really surprised to see how much better he looked - awake and much more alert. Each day this week he has improved and yesterday he was fit enough to leave the hospital. BUT he has a sore bottom through lack of mobilisation and so the NH will have to encourage him to start moving around and walking again. It was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. elizabeth

my mum is so angry
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Alone Again

Another disturbed night with my wife not sleeping. When I ask what's wrong she just says that there are things that she needs to sort out but refused to tell me what they are. She again denies that we are married and says that I frighten her.

Maybe I show my frustrations too much but I am tired most of the time and find it difficult to cope with her mood-swings. I am constantly on my guard about reacting to her in the wrong way.

I feel so alone now as my wife is the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The first conversation

Hi,

My father has been showing signs of Alzheimers for a few years but now it is bad enough that it can no long be ignored and blamed on old age.

Next week I am driving home to talk with my mom to my father about what we are seing and telling him that we think it is time for him to get professional help.

I have no idea 1. how to start this conversation and 2. how he will react.

I'm sure that there are many of you who have has this difficult ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hello

I've recently registered with the Society and would like to express my appreciation to all concerned for the work you do.

My wife has not been diagnosed formally with dementia and is having blood tests next week after I finally managed to get her to see the doctor. She does not recognise me as her husband, forgets where she puts things and has constant mood swings. We live in Italy having moved here some time ago, when she was in the best of health. We have no children and the only ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized