View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Useless siblings!

It really is enough to make you chew your own foot off!

I have 3 siblings- a sister in Australia, a brother in Mexico and another brother about a hour away from me.

Mum has vascular dementia. I am with her every day, average 7 hours a day.

Lately mum has been upset because of the lack of contact from my siblings. She cries (she never used to show emotion at all, but now she clings to me, upset) and asks me what has she done wrong, why don't they write.... ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. day or night

Hello all

mother 90 years young, trying to make her as comfortable and safe in her own home as possible. current problem is her not knowing what day it is and going to bed at odd times during the day disruping her daily patterns. looking for a clock etc that will reminder of which day it is and what time of day, voice prompted would be ideal.

suggestion greating welocme
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. lis again

Quote Originally Posted by lis View Post
    [not sure i am doing this proply!!!!!!!!!
    today i am not feeling so angry which is good - had a lovely walk on the beach with my dog and then took my mum and her dog to the beach - i just find it all so exhausting though - and am very bad at seeking help - what to do?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. state pension and care funding

My mum has gone into care recently and is funded by the council. will they take her state pension and pension credit to pay towards her care. will she be allowed to keep any money
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Nan

My nan was diagnosed with dementia in 2005 and I am finding it really hard to deal with.
    Categories
    Uncategorized