View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 1/9/2011

Can't believe how time flies!

Well after all the hospital appointments all the results are back and it's better news than we anticipated. Dad does not need to have an operation immediately, they are going to keep an eye on his anurysum as doing an operation now is more of a risk at this stage. Dad has an enlarged prostrate which is not cancerous at this time and also being assessed regularly. Dad has at last seen about his foot/ankle that keeps swelling up and got some cream to see ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Advice Please from more experienced people

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferpa View Post
    Darn - I knew there was something I had forgotten....

As Pippa points out it is possible that she might qualify for NHS CC, either now, or at some point in the future. Also there is the nursing component or whatever they are calling it at the moment: if she's not eligible for CC she might be eligible for that.

When does the NHS pay for care?: http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc....php?fileID=75
    Assessments for NHS-funded nursing care: http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc...documentID=104
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Planning ahead-for the good of my wife

Hello. My Grandparents had three children, my Mother and her sister and brother. All three have now succumbed to Alzheimers leaving me worried that it might happen to me one day. I am determined to ensure that my wife can survive financially if this should happen and I need care, like my Mother currently.
    Regardless of any potential medical downfall, we know that we are going to have to release the equity in our home to fund our retirement. The value in our property being sequestered to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Moms telling Fibs!

Quote Originally Posted by CarolineB View Post
    Hi everyone. I am new to the site and new to alzheimers. Mom had a brain scan through her Doctor and with other tests they came to the conclusion that she had alzheimers. This all happened over Christmas last year. She has denied all the way that there has been anything wrong and arranged to be retested privately. She went for her private test results last week and wouldn't let anyone go with her. She came out and said she had the all clear!!!! I know there is no way this is true. I phoned her private
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. August 31st. 22.54pm

I was dreading going today but I really wanted to go for two reasons, one I have missed seeing my MIL and two she asked Phil yesterday if I would be going. Phil went to pick them up to save me having to go to his house and then he brought them back to our house. MIL came in for a cuppa while D sat in the car and then we went to the caravan as arranged.MIL wanted to call in at the reception to tell them she wants to sell the van. Phil got out of the car and started walking to the reception and D ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized