You've got to laugh

wdfortyplus

Feb 23, 2010
Lol!

This is the conversation i had with mum yesterday morning....
ME...it was really foggy out on the roads this morning mum (im a taxi driver on the school runs)
MUM...you should take some margarine for that
ME... eeerrrrmmmm margarine mum, what do i need that for
MUM...for your cough
ME...i dont have a cough mum and if i did i wouldnt take margarine for it anyway
MUM..you said you were really coughing in your taxi this morning and i said you should take some medicine for it, and dont be so stupid , you know margarine isnt for coughs.:eek:

Then today whilst we were driving home from shopping, the car in front of us threw up a stone and it hit my windscreen with a real sharp crack. Mum jumped out of her skin and said what was that, i said it was just a chipping that had come up off the car in front of us, oh my god she said its probably dead now after that, whats dead i said it was only a chipping, dont be so nasty said she, what if it was one of yours you wouldnt say that. a moment of silence followed while i tried to unravel this one, mum i said it was only a chipping you know a small stone...Oh bloody hell she shrieked i thought you said it was a chicken that hit the window !!! we laughed so much she thought i was going to crash the car, stop it now she said if i laugh any more i'll pee myself and i havent got any clean slippers with me.....like i said YOU'VE GOT TO LAUGH.:D

:D yes laughing is good for the soul!!! LOL!

wjoanne918

Feb 25, 2012
South Wales, UK
Fab, laughing is like medicine. My dad has been decorating his house and we have moved his furniture around and i've been complaining that he needs a bigger TV. I went up yest to visit Mam and Dad and Dad said there's no way i'm buying a bigger telly, i asked why and he said that the night before my mum had been sat arguing with a lady on the telly, he said if i buy a bigger one she might try bloody fighting with it. :D:D:D just after this converstation mum starting answering the news reporter on the telly and me and dad just cracked up laughing. I think we all have to keep out sense of humor no matter how difficult every day is :)

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
My dad occasionally went up and "punched" the man on the tv. It was comical to watch because he'd then look round the back of the TV to see where his victim landed. It reminded me of when a cat or a dog sees something on the screen and runs behind it to see where it went. He would also try to "help" people with a flat tyre, or save a drowning person, help at the brawls in western saloons. He really did think it was real and he got caught up in all the action as it happened. One time i just managed to save him lifting the TV to help someone who was trapped in a car by a falling tree. Funny and sad at the same time. I have to say its humour that gets me through the bad times now. I have many memories of the daftest things my dad does, which if you took the heartache out of dementia, are memories i'll treasure in the years to come. One thing i will miss is his smile, it really does light up a room, hes got beautiful eyes and theyre still so full of life, its something i never noticed pre dementia.

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
Conversation with husband at lunchtime:-

Husb: "What's that green thing?".
Me: "That's your orange juice".
Husb: "What're these green things?".
Me:"They're carrots".
Husb: "What's this green thing?".
Me: "That's fish".
Husb: (Wiping nose with sleeve) "Where's my comb?".
Me: "Here are your tissues".

And so it went on .............................

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
I can't add anything funny,but I just enjoyed reading all your posts. Thanks for sharing them. I'm sure some were a struggle, but they were all gems.

Stay strong peeps. YOU ARE STARS!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nina Warner