Younger people with dementia

Perdid0

Oct 30, 2020
I have now got a letter explaining my wife's PIP payment. She qualified for £101.75 per week enhanced rate for daily living and £71 per week for mobility needs, so it is definitely worth applying. However, just yesterday she went into residential care home and so I will need to tell them the mobility needs are presumably now zero.

Hopefully we still keep the £101.75 per week enhanced rate for daily living to go towards the £1800 per week care home fees? Anyone got experience of whether benefits are reduced when the person with dementia goes into care please?

Perdid0

Oct 30, 2020
I did eventually get a reply from my MP who said he would follow up with DWP, and our bank account now has a payment in "Upcoming transactions" of over £2k labellled with my wife's NI number followed by "Dwp Pip" . I haven't yet had a letter or email explaining details like how much is arrears and how much to expect per month but this is good.
Now have a letter that explains PIP will be £101.75 per week and mobility £71 per week. My wife is now in a residential home but the payments continue it seems until she is 67 and then it's Attendance Allowance I suppose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980