You can pick your friends but not kill your relatives. Why?

Hair Twiddler

Aug 14, 2012
Middle England
Hey Garnuft!

My vote is for Option B.
My mum also watches Jeremy Vile - it's currently on TV for 2 hours every weekdaywhere I live! She laps it up, even the episodes which I'm sure are repeated every weekor so. I'm 'expected' to sit and watch it with her - apparently it "Will teach you about life". Yeah....life... that thing that's running away from me and you too by the sound of it. Please keep posting and touching base with us at TP - it really does help .....more relevant than any "real life" crisis on Mr Vine's show.

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
Hi Garnuft,

You have a wonderful sense of humour and reading this thread has made me laugh.

I hope that as your mam's illness progresses things may get easier for you and your sisters. Your brothers sound typical of many people's reactions to this illness.

I hope you have a better day today.

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Agree with all posted....

Does abusive brother (who's obviously really good at sorting out problems and getting on with people via talking through things) spend much time "stimulating" and "healing" Mum's brain?

Perhaps he could let the rest of the world in on the magic secret?

(but maybe watch out if the frustrations start getting to him.... :eek::eek::eek: or he'll be on Jeremy Vile!)

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hi Garnuft,

You are a superb example of a wonderful carer. Despite all that is thrown at you and by golly a lot of s##t has been flung your way, your caring and love shows through. If nothing else will see you through, your sense of humour will. Thank you for cheering me up and I'm sure there are many more having a little titter when they think of your posting.

Have a good day and keep smiling,

Jay

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
C for me :D:D
Maybe when they take us all to the loony bin we could ask to be together? A whole wing of TP'ers would be SOOOO good :D
Nanak

Should we give them fair warning? Not sure they could cope with us. :eek::D

NeverGiveUp

May 17, 2011
Superb thread, cheered up my day.

Option B gets my vote as long as I can send some relations along!

Consider Option D, round up mum plaus those who disagree about the illness, send them away for "a quick trip out" ;)(which would be a week at least :D), lead them to a grotty hotel with en suite facilities and room service, arrange to have then 'accientally' locked in together for the duration, don't let hem out until they see your point of view (about an hour :D) but actually delay the locksmith until the week is up :eek::D:D:D.

Make mine a medicinal glass of a French red - Cheers :D