You are all amazing people x

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Me too - thanks to everyone

TP is a lifeline for all of us. Caring makes you feel you are alone but here we are understood, not judged and hopefully helped a little.

For me this has been a life raft in a very cruel sea. Its so good to know you are not alone.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
“You are all amazing people”
Not all of us are! I’m afraid I’m not! I struggle, I’m angry and bitter. I am this way because I see a profound ignorance of dementia outside this forum, and no worth-while attempt being made to improve the situation. It’s always too little too late, if it arrives at all. Band-aids on gaping wounds. See how the NHS treats people with dementia. If the professionals can’t get it right, what hope is there?
If the general public think of dementia at all, they tend to the view that it’s a rather loveable kind of forgetfulness. Unfortunately, I know this from personal experience. That is exactly what i thought before my wife succumbed. No-one in the medical sphere offered any explanations, help or advice at all. I was left to get on with it. Only the knowledge I acquired here on TP. saved my wife from my dangerous ministrations based on complete and utter ignorance. That situation hasn’t changed, there’s still no professional help offered.
I am more than grateful for those TP. members who really are amazing and saved me from falling into the abyss.
I’m afraid I use TP. mainly as an escape valve when the anger and bitterness get too much, as this post demonstrates.

Know it well, Gringo. Been through so much hell in trying to get help in the past. The responses I received have made me far too scared to ask again, and go through all that heartache again. It's not fair, the things far too many of us are put through. I forget the statistics, but it could easily be approaching 50% of sufferers never get a diagnosis. My husband is one of them.

Thumbs up to the beautiful people who created this site. I was in a very dark place before I found it, and those of you I've chatted, and shared ideas with.

God bless you all. My love to you all.