Yellow Quotes ...... Advice & Help Please !

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Every body , Please can some body please explain the Correct Order to do a Quote ...... so it "Shows up in Yellow " ? Not that i use them a lot but used a quote for the first time in a long while & much to my surprise it came up in Yellow & then used it today & only 1 showed in Yellow ! :) Just bit :mad: with myself or pressing the Keys / Mouse in the Wrong Order ! ! ?

Many Thanks for your help !

Love Grove x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I'm going to assume that's what you mean anyway. :D

The important thing about quotes is that they only appear highlighted in that way if you have all the "bits" of the code there in the the right order. What often happens is that people press the "reply with quote" button but they don't want to quote the whole thing so they start deleting sentences etc and inadvertently delete part of the quote coding (normally one of the ] brackets).

It should go
[QUOTE ]text text text [/QUOTE ] (but without the spaces between the E and the ] (I had to put that in there other wise it would just show the quote

or if it's a quote from someone
jenniferpa said:
this is a quote from Jennifer [/QUOTE ] again without those additional spaces.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Yes Please !

Hello & yes thats right Jeniferpa ! :) sorry should have said " Yellow Back Ground " or some thing so you all knew what i meant ! ! !

Many thanks Jeniferpa ...... gess if you keep on doing it all the time you JUST DO it..... like Crossing the Road Safely etc !

Love Grove x x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Jenniferpa , You type quicker than me !! ! LOL ! :) & many thanks for your help , think am trying to understand what you mean ! Just have to be careful when deleting bits from Posts if only want to qoute a few words

Many thanks once again !

Love Grove x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
It's those [] (square brackets) that you need to keep an eye on. Let me show you what happens if you miss one out and what happens if it's correct.

(missing ] after grove)
groveJust have to be careful when deleting bits from Posts if only want to qoute a few words [/QUOTE said:
Correct

grove said:
Just have to be careful when deleting bits from Posts if only want to qoute a few words

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
For Kelly50

Hello Kelly , Hope this helps you do "Yellow Quotes " so they go from another Post onto your Post :) , hardly ever "do " Quotes my self but its a useful "tool " to have on T P if you want to "Quote " from another Post !

Oh & another handy tip ..... if you are having problems not understanding the Techie "side " of T P if you "Post " on this Forum then some kind :) T P 'er will help you out !

As you see this a old "Thread " from me but thought it quicker & easier to start it "up again " rather than me telling you how to do quotes !

Best Wishes Love Grove x x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Grove: has someone else asked how to do this? It might be a good idea if as well as posting here, you post on the thread where you saw the problem directing them here, if that makes any sense.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Yes Have Done That !

Hi Jenniferpa , Yes did what you suggested :) after "re posting " my Thread & also said / suggested that she used this Forum if she had any other Techie T P Problems !

Understood what you meant !

from Grove x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Grove I've found the thread in question and added a link to this thread. That's the best way to do it (add an actual link) as not everyone uses the New Posts link and if the thread is in a different forum (as this one is) the person may not see it if you simply bump the old thread up by posting to it. :)