Worst night ever

sky90

Aug 9, 2015
Eastsussex
Hello Everyone,
About a day ago mum caught a cold and she seem ok yesterday. But last night her dementia was at it's worst. She went to bed ok but at about 1am she was standing at her dad's bedroom door ( he passed away about 9 years ago) screaming because he wouldent answer her. My mum wouldent settle all night. She woke up this morning feeling so much better. She dident remember anything that happened last night.
I never knew that mum having a cold could make her dementia worse.
I hope everyone is having a good weekend :) x.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi Sky90
oh yes; I used to dread dad getting a cold - he was bad enough years ago 'man flu' and all that (sorry to any men members [I nearly put 'male members'] ....) - with dementia a cold knocked him for 6 - and he usually, kindly, shared the cold with me so I had to cope with him whilst feeling lousy myself
I took to using every preventative and remedy I could find - poor dad had to put up with nasal sprays, nose gels, max strength cold powders, vitamin C, lots of fruit ... - we managed one winter without a single cold, probably a fluke but a very welcome one
and just a reminder - though I know some don't have these - it's flu jab season
glad your mum is feeling better this morning
best wishes

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
If she still has the cold and you have some, try night nurse - If ok with any other medication she is taking, obviously not if she is already taking paracetamol.