Worrying about medication

yapple

Jul 27, 2013
Hi
My grandad is going through the process of diagnosis the Dr is pretty certain it is dementia. His main problem at the moment is his medication he has been making up his own daily pods for years but a weeks meds now takes him around two hours to sort out and it is then completely wrong! He's on a lot of important meds for his heart and strong pain killers so they need to be right.

We have had many conversations about getting tablets for him and my grandma made up by the pharmacy and last week one weeks worth finally got delivered, the following day he took them back to the pharmacy having added his own tablets (which we thought had all been taken back)

Does anyone have any previous experience like this? Did anything make it easier? Drs have now deemed him unsafe to have ready made tablets yet he is unsafe to make them up himself and unsafe without them at all!!

We live 350 miles away and my grandma is really struggling!
Thank you in advance xx

cloggerjack

Jul 30, 2013
i fully sympathise my mum only takes two tablets a day and still gets it wrong. chemist put together blisterpacks which clearly show what tablets need to be taken at
what time and on what day. they worked for a while but she cannot follow them now but they may help in your case

Helena1969

Sep 3, 2013
Oxford and London
Can't the pharmacy make up nomad packs for him with the medication? Blister packs may be too difficult for him to open. My dad is taking 9 meds in the morning and one in the evening. You need to get the GP to request nomad packs.