Worried about my grandma

Cerixe

May 1, 2016
Hi I am very worried about my grandma who is 95 years old a few years ago the doctor visited my grandmas and she did a dementia test because me and my brother thought she was loosing her memory a bit ,anyway the doctor said she was fine and that old people do forget things more often .Recently I have noticed my grandma getting more confused about things and I have to explain things over and over again also she is doing not normal things occasionally ,her anxiety levels are just unreal sometimes and when leaving her house after spending at least 5 hours with her she doesn't seem to understand why I have to go back home to my children to look after them ,she thinks because my husband is there I should be there with her and this is causing anger and upset daily .SHe has carers going twice a day and is eating and drinking properly ,some days she can be fine which is really confusing .Should I go back to the doctors or is this just old age ?

Last edited:

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Hi I am very worried about my grandma who is 95 years old a few years ago the doctor visited my grandmas and she did a dementia test because me and my brother thought she was loosing her memory a bit ,anyway the doctor said she was fine and that old people do forget things more often .Recently I have noticed my grandma getting more confused about things and I have to explain things over and over again also she is doing not normal things occasionally ,her anxiety levels are just unreal sometimes and when leaving her house after spending at least 5 hours with her she doesn't seem to understand why I have to go back home to my children to look after them ,she thinks because my husband is there I should be there with her and this is causing anger and upset daily .SHe has carers going twice a day and is eating and drinking properly ,some days she can be fine which is really confusing .Should I go back to the doctors or is this just old age ?

Make an appointment with her doctor please if only to put your mind at rest.

Aisling