worried about my 40 year old husband

Greencat

Nov 27, 2019
Hi
I’m new hear and would like a bit of help please.
I’m concerned about my 40 year old husband. He has had poor health for around 10 years chronic pain due to trauma.
About 2-3 weeks about he was sent to the tia clinic due to 3 occasions of loss of sight in one eye for 10-15mins.
After tests no stroke was found but the consultant said nothing to worry about but your cerebellum is shrinking and you have general atrophy.
We went to see the gp for more information and gp is referring to neurologist. Also the gp said it wasn’t general shrinkage but atrophy of the frontal cortex and cerebellum.
We have obviously read up and are terrified.
He has some symptoms which may or may not be relevant he had extreme fatigue and sleeps during the day as soon as he sits. He has problems swallowing and tremors in hands and legs. He has clipped the kerb 3 times when driving in the last 2 mths and 2 days ago at a roundabout forgot when he was.
He has ptsd and depression and no motivation. His memory is poor but this isn’t a new thing it’s been like this for around 4-5 years.
I’m so scared I have 5 children the youngest nearly 2 and I’m so worried for the future
Does anyone have a help or information. We have no friends or family to talk to
Thanks

silver'lantern

Apr 23, 2019
I feel for you so young. I can understand your worries and concerns. My PwD was 58 when it was realised he had a problem. Considered young onset, our children all adult and babies of their own .....I dont have much I can say to help with your type of the illness but am sure there will be someone around that has.
There is a thread for younger people maybe some help on there?
https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forums/younger-people-with-dementia-and-their-carers.27/

KEEP POSTING you will gain lots of support and knowledge

Greencat

Nov 27, 2019
Many thanks for you reply
Yes it’s very worrying I think the worst thing now is just the not knowing and he is fine and if he hadn’t had the scan I suppose we could put everything down to his pain and ptsd
I will have a look at that thread thanks

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry to read of your situation. I can understand how worried you must both be. I'm glad you've found DTP as I know you will get lots of support from the members here.

I wondered if it would help to talk to someone on the Society's helpline. The details are here -

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/national-dementia-helpline

0300 222 11 22.

Please keep posting here as I'm sure it will help.