Where has everyone gone???????

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Hi All

I've calmed down now - Mum's oldest friend rang me that evening saying that she had forgotten to post her card - so I felt a bit better (I know what it's like to buy a card, then forget to post it:eek:)

But it's been a bit sad reading all your posts - especially for those of you with partners, who were probably looking forward to retirement together until AD got in the way and totally changed the way you live your lives.

I suppose it just goes to show, that we need to enjoy ourselves while we can, because we never know what's round the corner.

Take care everyone

Libs

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Libby, you never said a truer word:
I suppose it just goes to show, that we need to enjoy ourselves while we can, because we never know what's round the corner.

Especially true within the dementia world, but not a bad maxim to live by anyway.

Carolynlott

Jan 1, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
Totally agree with trying to make the most of each day now, although on the bad days it's not always easy. The little things in life seem much more important now - like just having a cup of tea with someone you care about, having family around. With both my parents having this horrible illness I can't help wondering if it's me next - and how I'll know if and when ....I'm terrified of saying the wrong thing or forgetting something in case it's the start. I am certainly getting obsessed.

About the cards - Dad was 80 last week and he got three. I was going to send him one from Mum because she wouldn't, but decided not to in the end, still don't know if I did the right thing. He was thrilled with the three cards anyway. Mum has shut him out now - this hurt me at first but I have accepted it - she doesn't want to think of him any more - sorry shouldn't have said "want" - she just doesn't think of him any more.

Have spent the afternoon clearing out Dad's things from their house. Mum didn't know what a lot of them were - Dad was such a hoarder. It's definitely as if he has died, as others have said. But he hasn't.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathy T