1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Wheels finally in motion!

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by widget, Jan 19, 2006.

1. widget

widget Registered User

Jul 18, 2005
    Lincs
    Hi everyone. I'm typing this on a mental high! :) Just had a phone call from my little (well, he's 29...) bro who took my aunt to see the consultant this morning. We had been told it was for a scan but the consultant said it might be too upsetting for her. He did a blood test and has recommended that she go onto tablets. Woohoo! At last something is being done! Not sure which drugs, but he also advised my Uncle not to go back to work, or if he does have to go out to get a sitter. Not sure what this will do for my uncle's sanity but at least we now know she'll be safe.

Weight has lifted for a little while ...... :)

2. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Hi widget, so pleased for you. You can only move forward now. Whilst there is no majic wand to take everything away, you must feel that you will now be listened to, and advised accordingly. Stay strong, Connie :)

3. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Pleased for you Widget.
    You are now in the system,now talk to social services and see what other help is available for you.
    Good luck
    Norman