Wheelchairs.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Izzy. You can loan a wheelchair from the red cross for up to 3 months and all they ask is a small donation. Most loan centres will also sell second hand wheelchairs that have been donated to them. In my experience they are in excellent condition and some are brand new or hardly used. Just go to www.redcross.org.uk put in the area you live and it will tell you the nearest centre to you. X

Thanks but we have 2 wheelchairs! One lightweight one I bought but which was damaged on a holiday flight. It needs to have a brake fixed. The other is one my husband got from NHS. That one is fitted to his measurements.

I did use Red Cross to borrow a wheelchair for my mum a few years back until we got her NHS one. I also used shop mobility schemes for her.

Thanks for the info though.

millymolly1

Dec 17, 2014
wheelchair

I bought one from a second hand shop for about £20 and it HSS been a Godsend. IT's actually a child's wheelchair but fits mum perfectly. Unfortunately, as people pass away all sorts of aids get sold off in 2nd hand shops. After a good clean ours looked as good as new!

withy

Feb 23, 2013
Lancashire
Thanks everyone for you helpful advice. I bought the one suggested by Burberry and it arrived today. It has the lap belt but I think I will need to get the calf restraint. He sat in it for lunch as it fits under the table, just need to try it outside now.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Thanks everyone for you helpful advice. I bought the one suggested by Burberry and it arrived today. It has the lap belt but I think I will need to get the calf restraint. He sat in it for lunch as it fits under the table, just need to try it outside now.

Good for you, Withy. Never heard of the calf strap. Thank the Lord, I never needed anything like that, so far.

Glad for you :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathy T