Wheelchairs

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
PM'ed Sue a little while ago.

If anybody else is in the similar situation there is a fabulous 'rollator' out there, not the 3 wheeled ones that really are useless but a four wheeled one that can also convert into a short term wheelchair.

As a rollator it has a seat and a bag underneath, it also has pull on brakes and for locking permanently you push the brake handles down.

When needed for wheelchair purposes you unclip the backrest for sitting/rest position and slip it on the other side, fold down the little foot rest and voila!, you have a fabulous wheelchair that will get you round shopping malls, garden centres and the many other occasions, even airports as it is loaded onto the hold just like a childs buggy at the boarding area, not at check in with the other baggage, then youalso have this to use while on holiday.

Hope this helps and if any wants any further details do contact me, these items can be bought on the web but i do state they are not cheap and i am not aware of any SS dept handing this style out, they tend to stick to the unbalanced 3 wheeler type!

Good luck all.

x

Attachments

• Ergo Plus Duo Rollator 700 11.jpg
    Ergo Plus Duo Rollator 700 11.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

smewigeor

Aug 12, 2009
West Sussex
Might I suggest that you join your local freecycle@yahoogroups.com[/U] which is an organisation for recycling stuff that people don't want. It is a free service and organised in local areas. I have several times seen wheelchairs on offer in this area. There is no money or barter or any other form of payment involved and what you do with whatever you receive is no concern of the donor. As to the type of wheelchair I suggest an aluminium chair which is light weight and the type which I have for my wife even if at the moment she won't use it.

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
Good News from the NHS

Hi

Thanks for all your input, very grateful indeed.

Young chap from NHS wheelchair assessment came today and charmed the pants of my mum. He measured her up for a chair, and said it would arrive in 2-4 weeks. She looked very pleased with herself sitting in the demo one. There was no discussion whatsoever about whether she was entitled to one or not - the fact that she had been referred seemed to be enough.

He really stressed to her how good it is to walk and that strangely having the chair might encourage her to go out more. She is now telling everyone about the lovely young man who came and is going to get her this beautiful new wheelchair, which means we will all be able to go out together.

So a good outcome. Am really looking forward to getting out and about with her a lot more.

sue

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
glad you got one. we had the hospital ot come today about mums wheelchair she is fairly sure we will be able to have a attendant controlled motor wheelchair due to me not being able to push her but still have our fingers crossed untill we know for certain