What's a year

sford91

Nov 4, 2015
Thing's have changed a lot the past year. We made the decision to move mum into a home at the age of57.i sweardown that it's the hardest decision I've ever had to make. With time we've come to deal with it and mum's doing actually quite well considering minus her being completely non communicative she's happy.

I have decided to do a skydive in may to raise money for Alzheimer's . Looking to raise £3300 which would buy a machine that can detect dementia earlier.

I've also thought about doing a blog of our journey I don't really know if people would read it. For along time I was in denial that my mum has dementia however now I will tell anyone that will listen to raise awareness .

Hope your all okay .

Ruskin

Feb 14, 2018
There comes a time when it's in their best interest, to place them in a home, so I've been told, and yeah, it makes sense to me, but how I dread that moment. My dearest friend for the past 20 years, who asked my to be his legal guardian, after enduring two decades of extreme physical, mental and sexual abuse, has been under my care at my home for the past 5 years.

I can quite honestly say, these have been the happiest 5 years of my life, with no complaints or regrets, but I know I shall miss him, without a doubt. I shall miss his mucky hand prints on the walls, food on the floor, wet naps here there and everywhere, his constant mumbling, shouting and laughing, cigarette burns everywhere, so on and so forth. Anyway, we shall take each day as it comes.

I think doing a blog is a great idea, so go for it. Take care with the pending jump to raise some cash, but more importantly, if you can raise any awareness for them who have to deal with Younger Onset Dementia, I'm with you all the way.

My one is 40 now, diagnosed 5 years prior, and there is no body set up for any advice or help.

Give you Ma a hug from us both when you next see her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACampbell