1. Our next Q&A session is on the topic of Christmas and dementia.This time we want our Q&A to involve our resident experts, you! Share tips and advice on navigating Christmas here in this thread.

Pop by and post your questions or if you prefer you can email your question to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

What services do people with vascular dementia need?

Discussion in 'Researchers, students and professionals' started by Sarah Day, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Sarah Day

Sarah Day Registered User

Sep 28, 2004
    Gordon House, London
    As part of the Hearts and Brains project, we are developing a document intended to outline all the services and support people with vascular dementia SHOULD have access to. We hope to end up with an idea of what best practice looks like. What do you think are the most important elements?

2. cynron

cynron Registered User

Sep 26, 2005
    east sussex
    services for vad

My husband has had vad for 4 years now. He only started day care this year but it has been a great help for me to be able to relax or do shopping etc. He goes 2 days but i am on a wait list for an extra day. I am on my own caring as my two daughters live a distance away.I do find it stressful. I am 74 and i am waiting for an ultra scan on my gall bladder. I feel it would be a good break for me if he would stay a while in respite care but he says no at the moment.
    So it seems vascular dementia people have much the same needs as ad patients. :eek:
    regards cynron