What made me cringe can now make me cry….

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
I feel that the loneliness of caring for someone with this illness, the hardest to bear......seeing your last family member slowly slipping away from you is the unkindest cut of all. You learn so much from your parents then suddenly......role reversal.....It feels so alien and yes....lonely. I often wish my beloved brother and mother were still here BUT....... We plod on as best we can with all the goodwill in the world." Happy birthday Mum " 78 today!
Jan.

Dave W

Jul 3, 2005
Bucks
Chin up

It's a **** day in the office, they're still playing ******** carols at us all over central Milton Keynes, but we have each other and we still have TP to vent our feelings through - maybe someone should start a Bah Humbug thread especially for those of us who'd really rather have our Christmas spirit in a half-pint glass and to hell with the rest of it!

Goodwill to you all, and ****** whatever season it might be. (And I hereby declare 2007 the Year of the Asterix - who'd have thought something so small could be so therapeutic ;) )

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Norm and Michael,
It is a very hard decision to make and a huge adjustment. I knew my Dad wouldn't budge on the issue until forced to and it took a incident with her getting lost, falling and then going into assessment and being told he needed three full time caregivers for him to agree to put her in a NH.
He visits her every other day, I take the other days. Mom hasn't forgotten who he is since going into the home. She still knows me also which is nothing short of a miracle. Hospice also helps in her care and she is watched over 24/7. The NH personnel love her and she has many activities throughout the day. At home, we couldn't get her off of the couch.
I can honestly tell you that it has been the very best thing for all of us. Especially Mom. I still feel guilty but I know I couldn't take care of her ( bad neck and back) and she is content.
I don't know that once they are in the final stage of Alzheimer's you can ask for more than safe, warm, fed, and as content as is possible.
You need peace and you might just find it if their basic needs are met and your time with them is spent in just being together.
Take care

Dave W

Jul 3, 2005
Bucks
Grinning quietly

Brucie said:
:D ??

there's a website all ready then http://gb.asterix.com/ :D

Cheers, Brucie - and if you ever get the chance to go, the most fun theme park I've ever been to. The French have a wonderfully odd ways with these things. Recommended whole-heartedly to anyone in need of a smile and a chuckle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5