What is it like to live with dementia?

DreamsAreReal

Oct 17, 2015
Your username made me smile, very clever.?

I had a read of your blog posts, very interesting Idea to blog about having dementia and I like the way you write.

I’d love to know what’s going on in my mum’s head. Would like to read something like what are your thoughts regarding things like realising you can’t follow the plot in a tv show or book or trying to learn how to operate a new gadget. Or if you are finding it difficult to operate things you’ve used for years.

I can’t ask my mum because she doesn’t want to discuss it (or can’t?).

I had a read of your blog posts, very interesting Idea to blog about having dementia and I like the way you write.

I’d love to know what’s going on in my mum’s head. Would like to read something like what are your thoughts regarding things like realising you can’t follow the plot in a tv show or book or trying to learn how to operate a new gadget. Or if you are finding it difficult to operate things you’ve used for years.

Thanks for your interesting reply. Dementia is a journey, and I am at the stage of forgetfulness and difficulty with verbal communication. There are good and bad days though, and most days are the same for me as they are for you.
I will attempt to describe my difficulties as and when they occur, but I also want to chat about dementia-related topics in general. I want my blog to be interesting and empowering, not a litany of misery.

Thanks for your interesting reply. Dementia is a journey, and I am at the stage of forgetfulness and difficulty with verbal communication. There are good and bad days though, and most days are the same for me as they are for you.
I will attempt to describe my difficulties as and when they occur, but I also want to chat about dementia-related topics in general. I want my blog to be interesting and empowering, not a litany of misery.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Well, I reckon I'm in a good place to know, because that's exactly what I do day to day.
So, I decided to write a Blog, recording my journey and making people aware that you can live well with dementia.

You can find the Blog here. I'd love to get some discussion going in the comments, so please have a look.

You can find it here:

Living With Dementia Blog
A great blog, well done

blueorchid

Feb 18, 2016
I like the sound of interesting and empowering. :)

blueorchid

Feb 18, 2016
Hello Peter,
I've just read your latest blog post. Sounds like an awful day. I hope this last week has been more positive.

I'll keep checking in.
Best Wishes,
B.

Bella6

Jul 25, 2020
Thank you @Arthur ASCII for your beautiful website and interesting posts. I've just read a few of your posts, and I found your recent 'Shopping in the Time of COVID 19' especially insightful and expressive. I will admit I haven't gone near a shop since mid-March, but your account of how scary an experience it was for you was so well articulated.

I also love the shopping cart photograph in your 'Shopping in the Time of COVID 19' post, and the wonderful photographs and illustrations in many of your other posts. Are you the photographer/illustrator?

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Arthur I did try to download the app to access your blog but my mini iPad wouldn't have it and I got a message saying insufficient storage, sorry

Thank you @Arthur ASCII for your beautiful website and interesting posts. I've just read a few of your posts, and I found your recent 'Shopping in the Time of COVID 19' especially insightful and expressive. I will admit I haven't gone near a shop since mid-March, but your account of how scary an experience it was for you was so well articulated.

I also love the shopping cart photograph in your 'Shopping in the Time of COVID 19' post, and the wonderful photographs and illustrations in many of your other posts. Are you the photographer/illustrator?
Hi Bella6. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply.
Thank you for your kind words.
Some of the photos are my own and some are royalty free ones I've downloaded. I try to make my own whenever possible, and I use a peice of software called The Graphics Creator (from Laughingbird software) to put everything together and to apply text.