What do I do now?

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Hi, I haven't posted for a while, OH has been in the care home now for a month, although he has not been at home since November with stays in hospital and a stay in a care home to be assessed before moving to his permanent home. At first I was relieved and enjoyed having time to myself and doing things I wanted to do, that was until I realised that this is my life from now on:( so what do I do now?
I visited OH last night with my daughter, he was ok even though he didn't really know who we are! but we did have a lovely visit, one of the ladies was 70 yesterday and her family came in with a big cake that everybody shared, they also brought in their staffie called Bruce, who spent most of his time picking up all the cake that had been dropped:p. My next visit will be on Thursday morning I usually stay for about 3hours but will have to leave earlier for a hospital appointment, so will leave while OH is eating his lunch, I usually say I am going to the toilet and make a quick exit as he always tries to follow me and the staff have to distract him.I
Well I really must get dressed and try and cross off some of the things on my to do list that seems to be getting longer. Take care everybody. Lx

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I think the key is finding out what you really like to do and do more of it. Pick up old hobbies, reconnect with friends and family, go on day trips or walks, sightsee your city, go to the cinema during the day when it's cheaper - even going shopping is nicer when you're doing it while everyone else is busy! You could also look into volunteering somewhere, if that's your cup of tea. The important thing is not to become a hermit, although I have days where I purposefully not leave the house in order to refill the energy tank, and I just sit and read. I wouldn't know what to do without my library!

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan2024