What do I do if....


Registered User
Nov 18, 2006
Out of normal doctors hours, my dad acts strangely ? Refuses to put a coat on before going out, or acts voilently (not that he has). Do I contact the out of hours doctor, or call an ambulance ?


Registered User
Jun 27, 2006
Your other option is your emergency Social Services team, paricularly if he is in danger, or causing a danger to others (if he was being violent, for example). If you find your local council online, there will be a number for the 24 hr social service team somewhere.