What a shame

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Is it not a shame when family promise to come and help and then pull out at the last minute for one reason or another? Makes you realise that you just have to get on with it as usual by yourself.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
You've obviously been let down, and not for the first time, Jean. Fortunately for me my husband's family never offer help so I'm not disappointed!
I think that people very often don't realise how difficult it can be to be a 24 hour carer, and sometimes they are willingly ignorant.
i hope you are able to get some alternative help, you really need to be able to have time for yourself.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Is it not a shame when family promise to come and help and then pull out at the last minute for one reason or another? Makes you realise that you just have to get on with it as usual by yourself.

Yes Jean it is awful and you feel so let down.

Aisling xx

Toddleo

Oct 7, 2015

A huge anticlimax, and it casts a big cloud doesn't it. Luckily, on the plus side, we have our virtual TP friends to lean on.

Beetroot

Aug 19, 2015
Some people are incredibly selfish and, as esmerelda says, willfully ignorant. Dementia certainly makes you re-evaluate your relationship with your family doesn't it? Hope you can get a break soon.