My husband has semantic dementia

Charlie1961

Aug 12, 2022
Hello everyone, my husband was diagnosed last year with semantic dementia although his problemS started a couple of years before that I would say. My wonderful caring loving husband has gone and I am just so lonely and confused he is only 61 it’s so awful to see. Is there anyone else going through this with someone so young. Do we know if this goes in stages if so what are they it would be lovely to chat with anyone I am so heartbroken

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Charlie1961 and welcome to Dementia Talking Point. You will find this a supportive and friendly community and a great place to come for information, to ask questions and to let off steam. I am sorry to hear about your husband. Dementia in all its forms brings a sense of loss and despair. I don't have experience of what you describe - my wife was in her 70s when her Alzheimer's developed - but I hope that others on this site will be able to help.

Last edited:

Charlie1961

Aug 12, 2022
Hi @Charlie1961 and welcome to Dementia Talking Point. You will find this a supportive and friendly community and a great place to come for information, to ask questions and to let off steam. I am sorry to hear about your husband. It is not something I can comment on directly but I hope that others on this site will be able to help.
Thank you I am just feeling so lonely and so depressed my wonderful husband has gone into his own little world and I miss him so much

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
I hope that now you have found us being a member of DTP will alleviate some of those feelings. It helped me enormously when I reached my lowest ebb over 5 years ago. Plenty of us understand and empathise with that loneliness and isolation. I hope that we can help on the difficult road ahead

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Hi @Charlie1961 I'm so sorry for you both. It's a horrible place to be, I totally understand how you feel
This forum is a goldmine of information, and members here will and do understand.
Keep posting no matter what, you will always get support.

(((Hugs)))

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Charlie1961.

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. It really is heartbreaking. I’m glad you’ve found this forum as you will always find someone here to listen and support.

I wondered if this Alzheimer Scotland information would be of any help. There’s a link to download more information within it -

Charlie1961

Aug 12, 2022
Can I not answer the people who have replied to until I get 10 I really don’t understand would love to interact with those offering their support

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Basically you can reply to posts, however if your reply includes a quote with a link this will be included as part of your post and blocked.

To avoid quoting just type in text box and hit 'post reply' , do not use 'reply'.

You cannot initiate a conversation (private message), you can respond to one.