Weird Behaviour

lemontart

May 19, 2023
Has anyone else experienced this? My OH is complaining about his tongue. He says it is moving around in his mouth and he can't go to sleep. He sticks it out and says 'Look, it's still there!" as if this was a strange thing. His tongue looks normal, but I have been sympathetic and suggested various things that might help which are all dismissed as useless. He is very distressed and stomping about.

This is not the first time. The other day he thought his tongue had gone and he couldn't find it. Earlier this evening he complained his tongue was moving as if he was eating but he wasn't eating. He needed to eat in order to settle it down.

What is going on? Is it a delusion? Or is the feeling in his tongue real? I am at a loss.

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
Haven't come across that. Suppose it's just another one of those weird things they do. Mines always got his finger in his mouth for some reason. That's something new.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Just a thought @lemontart and I might be completely off track here, but does he have Parkinsons, or Lewy Body Dementia?

You can get involuntary movements with both of these and Ive heard of it happening in the jaw and tongue

lemontart

May 19, 2023
Just a thought @lemontart and I might be completely off track here, but does he have Parkinsons, or Lewy Body Dementia?

You can get involuntary movements with both of these and Ive heard of it happening in the jaw and tongue
Thank you for your reply. We are still waiting for our appointment at the memory clinic where I hope they will be able to determine what sort of dementia he has. We have been waiting 5 months now. I hadn't thought of Lewy Body dementia, but will look it up now and see what I can find. Thanks for the pointer.

lemontart

May 19, 2023
Haven't come across that. Suppose it's just another one of those weird things they do. Mines always got his finger in his mouth for some reason. That's something new.
We seem to get something new every week!