Washable incontinence pants

Ludlow

Jul 20, 2016
SE England
Has anyone had experience of using washable incontinence pants for women?
I know they are only suitable for relatively light leakage but are they ok for that? Comfortable to wear?

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @ Ludlow. I bought dad washable incontinence pants and while it was just a little leakage to contain they worked well. They do need to be washed without a fabric conditioner. I imagine women’s are much the same but without the y front!

Dad never complained about them being uncomfortable but they did only buy a few weeks of leakage protection before he needed something better. Pads would’ve been better if he hadn’t kept taking them out of his pants!!

We soon had to move on to pull-ups which were much more absorbent - when he wore them...

Ludlow

Jul 20, 2016
SE England
Thanks for the response. I'll get a couple of pairs and see how we go. It is only an occasional problem at present so using pads seems very wasteful.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Do you have a continence referral?
I understand 5 pairs a year are prescribed in some areas.

brambles

Sep 22, 2014
NW England
I have just bought mum 4 pairs on the advice of the continence nurse.( Mum is a dribbler rather than full incontinence.)
I thought they were incredibly expensive, but, provided the care home don't lose them or destroy, them in the wash, they should pay for themselves in time.
They looked very bulky when they arrived, but I must confess, I tried a pair on myself before I took them to mum and they felt fairly comfortable.
I will be back to see mum in a couple of days so will know then how she is getting on with them.

brambles x