Wash wipes

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
We used to use these when nursing a few years back;) pink ones for face and body and blue for nether regions, they last well:) I find ordinary flannels are too heavy for me when wet these days.

Colour coding is good.
here at home it's pink for the face and body
any other colour for the nether regions

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
This is an amazing thread - thank you :)

Mum is so immobile and has such a small and difficult-to-adapt bathroom, that I think some of these products must be helpful. I think perhaps I'll try the 'No Rinse' ones to start with, and will get a pack of the body wipes as well. Who knows, this could be the start of something big! :D

Thanks again :)

Lindy xx
I only found out about No Rinse on TP
If you need to know where to order them from.
let me know here or PM me and I will look the company up.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I've bought No Rinse Shampoo from a supplier through ebay, and it didn't take long to come. It works pretty well and is certainly better than nothing. Dad still uses it on mam if necessary.

Grace L

Jun 14, 2014
NW UK
We used to use these when nursing a few years back;) pink ones for face and body and blue for nether regions, they last well:) I find ordinary flannels are too heavy for me when wet these days.

Hi Sue J .... My husband didn't like the 'feel' of washcloths ... flannels. I tried all kinds.
Expensive, fluffy, cheap.... nothing felt right to him. He has a lot of post stroke sensitivity.

I used the j-type blue cloths as disposable wipes ... and he didn't complain about them hurting him.
I suppose I could have 'recycled' the was wipes if I had only cleaned wee, but I always threw them out.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I get these for Allen at the pound shop he is not incontinent but has very fragile skin and these are so soft and fluffy you get 3 in a pack they don't go hard like towelling ones sometimes do, they last for ages but it is not the end of the world if they are beyond washing,

http://poundshop.com/little-stars-face-towels-3-pack-2-asstd

I just looked at the description at the bottom of the advert and it seems to be for baby wipes not the product in the photo which are 3 soft, thick and fluffy face cloths,

Last edited:

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Good point Lin ;)

I almost used the US site for a moment there.....must be the excitement lol :D x
Good job you noticed , or you would have been waiting for weeks :)

It's the drying that does the cleaning. Don't worry you don't rub hard or long . just normal
except for shampooing , I found it best to towel dry hair normally then lift portions of hair and rub gently between layers of towel
hope this helps

Last edited:

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
I get these for Allen at the pound shop he is not incontinent but has very fragile skin and these are so soft and fluffy you get 3 in a pack they don't go hard like towelling ones sometimes do, they last for ages but it is not the end of the world if they are beyond washing,

http://poundshop.com/little-stars-face-towels-3-pack-2-asstd

I just looked at the description at the bottom of the advert and it seems to be for baby wipes not the product in the photo which are 3 soft, thick and fluffy face cloths,
Jeany. Thanks for this.
I hate rough flannels . Will buy a pack to try next time I am near the pound shop