Wandering

Sue08

Mar 19, 2024
I am so exhausted, my Husband insists at least a couple of times a day he wants to go home to his Parents who have passed away, so starts walking, they lived about 25 miles away from where we are living. Tried locking the door, but he just gets cross. He doesn’t want me to go with him so I follow him discreetly. As I know his route I do eventually catch up with him and get him to come home. A tracker won’t work, he doesn’t have a phone, won’t wear a bracelet or a wallet to put a card in. Today I was in the middle of cooking lunch, so switched everything off to follow him! I know there is no answer, just wanted to scream and rant.

FrustratedFrog

Jul 2, 2024
I am so exhausted, my Husband insists at least a couple of times a day he wants to go home to his Parents who have passed away, so starts walking, they lived about 25 miles away from where we are living. Tried locking the door, but he just gets cross. He doesn’t want me to go with him so I follow him discreetly. As I know his route I do eventually catch up with him and get him to come home. A tracker won’t work, he doesn’t have a phone, won’t wear a bracelet or a wallet to put a card in. Today I was in the middle of cooking lunch, so switched everything off to follow him! I know there is no answer, just wanted to scream and rant.
Hello there. Rant away we all need to every now and then sometimes everyday that’s what we are here for. The only thing I can think of is would maybe a note on the inside of the front door with the message that his parents have passed away help at all and that they dont live at the house anymore? Would be bother to read that before he tried to leave? Or would it distress him more?
Or maybe every morning reiterate to him for now that he can’t go to his parents today as they have passed away or has his memory got to the point he would forget? I’m just trying to think of tools to make it easier for you x