Visiting dad

rhibeth1

Jul 3, 2021
I was supposed to have visited my dad on Thursday and again yesterday but had to cancel because i have been laid up with a kidney infection.Yesterday when I phoned to say I would be up today he put the phone down on me and wouldn’t answer when I tried ringing back as needed to explain that I have been poorly.I will try to explain today when I go there I felt guilty because I couldn’t go but I have had to have complete bed rest i hope he b ok with me today

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh dear @rhibeth1 That is so sad.

Your dad will have no insight into your kidney infection and i`m sure you are really upset he is so cross with you.

Is there no one else to visit him? Does he have a friendly neighbour you can ask to call in or carers you can contact? Perhaps emergency Social Services could offer some help if you feel your dad is at risk.

Please complete your bed rest no matter what. Kidney infections must not be neglected. I hope you feel better soon and find someone to visit your dad until you are able .

rhibeth1

Jul 3, 2021
Oh dear @rhibeth1 That is so sad.

Your dad will have no insight into your kidney infection and i`m sure you are really upset he is so cross with you.

Is there no one else to visit him? Does he have a friendly neighbour you can ask to call in or carers you can contact? Perhaps emergency Social Services could offer some help if you feel your dad is at risk.

Please complete your bed rest no matter what. Kidney infections must not be neglected. I hope you feel better soon and find someone to visit your dad until you are able .
His friend pops in most days but he just says dad is fine today we are putting up a video doorbell and putting up a couple of indoor cameras for his safety .I am an only child but none of his nephews or nieces pop to see him I have told them about his issues but they are clearly not interested so I don’t update them anymore

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It must help you that your dad`s friend pops in to see him. @rhibeth1 . The video doorbell and indoor cameras sound like a good idea.

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
Would it help to send him a card or similar to say you are poorly? That might be a regular reminder that he would have in his room. Also would the friend get a get well soon card for him to sign, addressed to you?

rhibeth1

Jul 3, 2021
Would it help to send him a card or similar to say you are poorly? That might be a regular reminder that he would have in his room. Also would the friend get a get well soon card for him to sign, addressed to you?
I never actually thought of that I’m going to keep it mind the next time I’m poorly thank you

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Micmomgram 5