Visiting carers now self testing

hooperswan

My mums visiting carers are self testing once a week now,they take a swab and then post it and they say they should hear back in 5 days.
One of mums carers has another main job as a teacher so I'm glad that she's finished teaching for the year,as that worries me.On a seperate note my friend had a lucky escape he was set to go to his sisters familes house for Xmas day but she and her partner both have covid since yesterday so he won't be going now

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
I think there will be many changing their plans for Christmas either because they must or because they think it wise.

canary

OHs carers are being tested every week too. I think its good and will hopefully give more reassurance to clients, as well as them.

OH has been in hospital and although he tested negative before discharge, Im keeping my fingers crossed. He has the 10 days between discharge and Christmas day so it looked like Christmas would be going ahead, unless he developed symptoms. Unfortunately, one of my grandsons has just tested positive for covid. He is only 14 months old and DIL is in bits. I think it very likely that they will all go down with it too, so this year its a zoom Christmas.