very healthy,glowing skin?

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
My mother is 68, severe alzheimers, language, mobility going, she has good moments still, good sense of humour,

She has the most beautiful skin, very few wrinkles.For some reason this weekend she looked amazing. It just amazes me as she never had a fancy skin care regime and going through alzheimers, seizures , different meds etc, she has also developed quite a sweet tooth but yet her skin is perfect!

Im half her age and look like ****-this carers job has left me wrecked. No wonder the other day she said I was 60 and she was 17!

Shes been back in her past an awful lot, having vivid dreams, waking up asking for people. Maybe shes more relaxed.

Weird disease

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
My mother also had perfect skin. One man whose wife was in my mother's nursing home unit marveled at how my mother looked exactly the same after 8 years. She died at the age of 79, still with barely any wrinkles and soft beautiful skin.

Unfortunately, I got more from my father than my mother vis-a-vis my skin. Thanks, Dad!:rolleyes:

I'm glad for both your sakes' that your mother seems more relaxed. May that go on.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dhiren May25.jpg
This is my husband after 10 years of dementia, one year before he died in his 82nd year. The condition of his skin amazed the district nurses who administered palliative care.

My skin looks 10 years older. Yes I do think caring takes its toll.

Graybiker

Oct 3, 2017
County Durham
C9A438B5-43DF-440A-B252-7DB20C9418CB.jpeg

My beautiful mam at 80. Sadly she passed just last week at 81, but while in hospital one of the nurses taking her blood pressure commented on her beautiful skin and the sister who took care of us the day she died also mentioned it and her lack of wrinkles for her age.
Love you mam xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Beautiful photos. Bill was the same - very little sign of ageing. He was 83 in this photo and looked pretty much the same when he died 3 years later. He was 12 years into his dementia when it was taken.
11EE7C42-0C4E-4343-BF9A-77B47E87CAAE.jpeg

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
These are lovely. John has problems with his skin now which he never had before and I think it is his kidneys. He has CKD. I did try my theory out on the doctors but they just humoured me!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
There are 12 men in the nursing home with my wife and all but 2 have a full head of hair, ones a bit bald, the other has no hair. Given they're all over 75 one is 90 how many men get to that age and still have all their own hair, several of the women have thick hair too which makes them look much younger as well as the smooth complexion you're talking about.
K

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
These are lovely. John has problems with his skin now which he never had before and I think it is his kidneys. He has CKD. I did try my theory out on the doctors but they just humoured me!

OH had trouble with his skin - dry, scaly, itchy and you only had to look at it and it would bleed. The dermatologist prescribed carefully monitored doses of ultraviolet light three times a week, ointment and lotion for his scalp. His skin improved a great deal and has stayed well.

In spite of his heart problems, his face is rosy and has very few wrinkles and people always say how well he looks.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Thanks @Lawson58. John frequently has little white spots on his head and neck only. My explanation is that if his kidneys are not efficiently getting rid of waste it comes through his skin. He is either peeing for Scotland or going 15 or 16 hours without peeing at all.

The first time that happened I rushed him down to A & E where they measured what liquid was in his bladder and it wasnt a lot so they put 2 litres of water into him and he certainly performed. Now I just live with it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smattels