Vascular Dementia

XDaisyX

Mar 13, 2023
Hi my mother who is 82 has vascular dementia she was diagnosed with this about 18months ago although I feel this has been going on for about 4 years. Mom’s memory is extremely bad and she cannot remember to take any of her medication. She has trouble sleeping and will do the same thing over and over again ie clean out her wardrobe. She has been living with us for the last year and I can see the decline monthly. I find some days are really hard to cope and just thought I’d reach out to other people who are going through the same thing.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @XDaisyX and welcome to this Dementia Support Forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here, so I am glad you have found us.
I am sorry to read of your Mother's diagnosis. It's tough for sure and I can understand how some days you find it difficult to cope. I had the same with my dear Mum. Seeing a loved one slowly decline is just so cruel and I am so sorry you are having to go through this.
I hope you will find this forum useful for information, and any particular advice if you need it, do just ask, as members here really do want to help.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sophiaperilloresearch