vascular dementia carer in need of help

nigel crinion

Mar 11, 2014
my dad who i care for has started to wet the bed 3 times a week minimum. he is 71 my mum 70. i dont live with my parents although close by. there washer has broke down and we cant afford a new one. could my parents get any help regarding grants etc for a new washer? thanks in advance to any replies

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Hallo - I am assuming your parents get some kind of benefits and therefore may be eligible for government help? They no longer provide crisis loans but the following may be of help:-

https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-loans

If your father has a social worker, they may be able to find out if you can get some kind of community grant or help from a charity.

Another option is to address the incontinence issue by getting your father appropriate continence products. He can have an assessment from a continence nurse by contacting the District Nurse service.

I think the best option is to start with Social Services. I hope you can get something sorted out.

Not so Rosy

Nov 30, 2013
Last Summer Dad started putting hot kettle in the fridge and pans in the washing machine. Both broke but his lovely CPN contacted AgeUk who were brilliant.

We ended up with lots of offers of help. In the end our local parish council bought Dad a new fridge and washing machine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amanda2847