Update on mum.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Well guess what the blood results were as I thought, 'nothing to worry about'. I spoke to the same Dr (not our own one) who said there really isn't much else she can do as its mums age and her condition that's catching up with her, I know that but its still not a good thing to hear.
Mum was still tired when I got her up, so she stayed in bed for another hour then I got her up as if she stayed in bed all day she wouldn't sleep at night. She still has jerky movements which seem to dissipate a bit as the day goes on, she is still confused although I would say probably not as much as she was the other day. She has developed a cough which seems to bother her at night more than during the day, I need to wait to take a sample of what she is coughing up due to the antibiotics that she was on which were supposed to be finished yesterday weren't (she stayed in a CH overnight as I was away yesterday, they didn't bother giving her the last 2 antibiotics).
It looks like i'm going to have to keep checking her urine/ temp etc daily until she sees our own Dr in a weeks time, so i'll be worrying more than usual and the fact I have a headache the size of Manhattan doesn't help!

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello, I am sorry to read your post about your mum, no wonder you have a headache. Do you have other GPs at the surgery? It is often the case that some are more sympathetic than others.

Very best wishes to you both x

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
That's so true, yes there are at least 6 or 7 Dr's in the surgery, the only problem is our Dr is the best one there and everyone knows it and wants to see him. Mum is seeing him in a few days, I tried to see if there was an earlier appointment only to be told the earliest appointment was the 17th of April!