Uncontrollable outbursts

Lilstar

Aug 11, 2019
My oh , has mixed dementia and really has some disgusting outbursts towards his stepson, any slight thing can trigger him off he seems to look to start trouble on him , is this normal ? I must say they have never had a great relationship but this is terrible my nerves are in tatters.W I automatically protect him as he’s my son, please tell me it doesn’t worse as my son just doesn’t want to come home from uni now .To look and talk to my husband you would never know he had dementia.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Lilstar

It must be very painful for you to experience your husband being aggressive towards your son. In our case my husband was aggressive towards me but never towards our son. However our son was the son of both of us which is different.

I don`t really know how you can handle this. Obviously you want your son to be comfortable at home and you certainly won`t want to drive him away.

Your husband could be seeing your son as a threat to his security with you and this aggression could be a defensive tactic. He could be seeing him as another adult in the house, taking your attention away from him.

Whatever the reason, this behaviour cannot be allowed to continue indefinitely.

Please phone the Helpline. Thee may be an answer I don`t have experience of .

National Dementia Helpline

0300 222 11 22

Our helpline advisers are here for you.

Helpline opening hours:

Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm

Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm

Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm

Lilstar

Aug 11, 2019
Hello @Lilstar

It must be very painful for you to experience your husband being aggressive towards your son. In our case my husband was aggressive towards me but never towards our son. However our son was the son of both of us which is different.

I don`t really know how you can handle this. Obviously you want your son to be comfortable at home and you certainly won`t want to drive him away.

Your husband could be seeing your son as a threat to his security with you and this aggression could be a defensive tactic. He could be seeing him as another adult in the house, taking your attention away from him.

Whatever the reason, this behaviour cannot be allowed to continue indefinitely.

Please phone the Helpline. Thee may be an answer I don`t have experience of .

National Dementia Helpline

0300 222 11 22

Our helpline advisers are here for you.

Helpline opening hours:

Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm

Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm

Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm
Than you he definitely gets jealous and can’t handle me spending time with them, I just dread of this getting even worse , but speaks to his biological children in a total different manner and tone ?

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27