Uncle Tom - Advice on Time Out...

danielle

Apr 9, 2005
Decided to take your advice eventually she, and try to stand back for a while..
I think it was all getting too much for me.. physically Uncle Tom was hard work when at home, but mentally with me not really understanding his condition fully and worrying about whats happining since he has been in hospital, must have taken its toll on me...

For the first time ever i had a panic attack in the car yesterday...horrible experience, i couldn't understand why or how it happened as i didnt feel afraid or anything.... this has happened twice since...

i now am worrying about driving all the time in case it happens again and bringing the panic attacks on myself...

(wake up call to take care of myself my dad said)

went to get blood pressure etc checked which was fine and gave doc a brief rundown of whats been happining... He told me it "could" be due to overload...

Not just uncle tom but kids, work, collage. etc etc etc...

made me think about backing off for a while.... and trying to grab some time for me for my own sanity if nothing else.
This has been at the back of my mind for a year or so but, i always felt guilty or selfish.
Has anyone else suffered similar experience ?

Have others managed to take time out for a while if so.... how? and how did they feel?
Thanks

Danni x

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi Danni, too right I have, how do you think I know what your feeling. You are wise to step back a little. Glad you spoke to your GP. Get yourself a relaxation tape and chill out a bit. Or sit in the bath with lavender oils burning and just let it all go for a while. Love She. XX

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Hi Danni,

Yes, you keep going, pushing yourself, when you don't really feel like you're pushing yourself, although when you take the time to think about it, you realise you have been!

Panic attacks are horrible but I've also 'been there, done that' so you're not alone! We can only do so much; feel so much, and it sounds like you've been through a lot in a relatively short space of time. A long walk makes me feel better - how about a list of things that help us 'chill'?

danielle

Apr 9, 2005
Time out....

Hi
Thank you...
I think i was looking for conformation, that it was ok (guilt etc..)... :confused:
I know that i do need time out, and have done for a while So...Thats what im going to do....
Thank you all so much for your help and advice you have all been brill ;)
Talk Soon
Danni x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77