Unapproved technique when she shouted today ....

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by good gosh, Mar 19, 2019.

1. good gosh

good gosh Registered User

Apr 27, 2016
    Male
    Hampshire UK
    She was shouting criticisms at me while I was cooking dinner this eve...I know I shouldn't but I shouted my answers back at her with the same force ... she was so surprised that she stopped instantly - immediate relief..... and forgot all about it at the table.

2. vmmh

vmmh Registered User

Jun 25, 2018
    So you are saying that you are human.......

3. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Don't worry, she has forgotten and you got what you wanted.

It's a very difficult path to thread

4. good gosh

Apr 27, 2016
    Male
    Hampshire UK
    Maybe I've got some Matron potential - not putting up with nonsense when busy.

5. good gosh

Apr 27, 2016
    Male
    Hampshire UK
    Won't make a habit of it as it could have riled her - but I'll keep it in the tool box.

6. Lawson58

Lawson58 Registered User

My husband ignores me if I pussyfoot around him. I was a school teacher for many years and I employ my kid management strategies to organize him. It mostly works but we can have our bad days too.

A thick skin can be a real asset too. If it's not important, let it go through to the keeper but don't beat yourself up because you're not a saint and will get it wrong sometimes.