Trying to find old style kettle without base

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Pear trees, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Pear trees

Pear trees Registered User

Jan 25, 2015
    Does anyone know where I can buy an old style electric kettle with a lead that can be removed from under the handle for filling?
    Mum's trusty ancient kettle finally gave up, and she can't get the hang of 'new fangled' kettles with bases, forgetting to put them on the base when turning on.
    Thanks.

2. Pete R

Pete R Registered User

Jul 26, 2014
    Staffs
    Just put "corded kettle" into your favourite search engine. There are some on Amazon and quite a few on ebay....
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=corded+kettles&_sacat=0&_from=R40

:)

3. Pear trees

Pear trees Registered User

Jan 25, 2015
    Thanks for great suggestions, should have thought of searching for corded, duh!!
    Ordered nice basic kettle similar to old one, she should be able to use it but it won't stop her moaning!
    Maybe this time she will say thank you but those pigs keep on flying over Berkshire!

4. Pegsdaughter

Pegsdaughter Registered User

Oct 7, 2014
    London
    Is that the same place where carers do nothing! Because magically all shopping, taking to hairdresser, doctor, hospital etc happens magically with no help or input from said carer?

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point