Treatment-Resistant Depression and Generalized Anxiety Disorder Lead to MCI

Kafka

Dec 28, 2023
Hello,

I have been battling TRD and GAD for the past 15 years. I was diagnosed 9 years ago. The nature of TRD, GAD, and the medications required to combat them have culminated in the development of a form of Mild Cognitive Impairment.

It took me nearly a decade of trial and error with psychotropic medications and other psychiatric treatments until I found the proper type, mix, and doses. However, my MCI remains unresolved. Hopefully now that I have obtained Memantine HCL, Rivastigmine, Nuvugil, Piracetam, Rexulti, and Citicholine; MCI will be dealt with under proper medical guidance and the support of this community through shared experiences, advice, and tips.

try again

Jun 21, 2018
My only advice is prepare for the future while you can. Lpa, advanced decisions, wills and funeral. Once done you will have sorted your future as best you can.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Kafka.

I’m sorry to read about your health issues. I’m glad you’ve found this forum and am sure you will find a lot of understanding and support here.

Kafka

Dec 28, 2023
T
My only advice is prepare for the future while you can. Lpa, advanced decisions, wills and funeral. Once done you will have sorted your future as best you can.
hose are, for the most part, relatively easy to accomplish. Most of the times they're for you either with immense assistance or you're not there anymore to begin with lol...

Kafka

Dec 28, 2023
I sure do hope so.

What I require assistance with currently are credible sources that offer online consultations with neuropsychiatrists. As long as they're competent and speak English then I am in for the long run.