• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

Travel Insurance

Optomistic

Jul 24, 2014
Manchester
Hi Pana,

My husband had the same problem with Lloyds bank he had been insured for a few years when he was diagnosed with Alzheimers they refused to cover him. This year we both travelled to Malta for a week with Columbus it was very reasonable. There is no problem with Alzheimers they dont even want to know what stage it is. They were more interested in his Type 2 diabetes.

polly1

Dec 8, 2011
Hampshire
I got very reasonable cover through Flexicover.co.uk for my husband. He has PCA a rare type of Alzheimer's. Their phone number is 0800 093 9495 or go on line.
Good luck!

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
Cornwall
Hi Pana,

My husband had the same problem with Lloyds bank he had been insured for a few years when he was diagnosed with Alzheimers they refused to cover him. This year we both travelled to Malta for a week with Columbus it was very reasonable. There is no problem with Alzheimers they dont even want to know what stage it is. They were more interested in his Type 2 diabetes.
Hi Optomistic it was Lloyds that dropted me as well

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I've used Flexicover on the past too. They were fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Taximan

Mar 31, 2015
European Health Insurance Card

I do hope you all remember to take this card with you,it will give you a basic cover at least.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
Cornwall
Good luck! I found them helpful on the phone too when I had to declare my husband's hospital stay.
Hi Izzy I din't get an e-mail reply however I took your advise and phoned them and just as you said they were very helpful on the phone and set my mind at ease , So I have now took out the Travel Insurance for my next hoilday in Tenerife and the Price was Right

thanks again Izzy ,

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi Izzy I din't get an e-mail reply however I took your advise and phoned them and just as you said they were very helpful on the phone and set my mind at ease , So I have now took out the Travel Insurance for my next hoilday in Tenerife and the Price was Right

thanks again Izzy ,
I hope everything works out well for you. Wish we were going to Tenerife!!!:rolleyes::D

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
Sorry to join this conversation so late everybody.
In the past I have used AgeUk and Saga for travel insurance. Their websites both collect medical information and easily covered me for a reasonable price for dementia, stroke and type 2 diabetes.
On the off chance recently I tried Insure and Go. Previously they declined to cover my dementia, but they have updated their medical screening and have accepted all my conditions for less than Saga or ageUK.
i only found 1 company that would give me annual cover and they wanted to charge a ludicrous amount (about £800). I can't even remember who it was